Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2006, 09:24 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
[QB] Established in 1955 by Pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas still exists today as an Old School (or, Primitive) Baptist Church. See the WBC Monograph. In short, we adhere to the teachings of the Bible, preach against all form of sin (e.g., fornication, adultery, sodomy), and insist that the doctrines of grace be taught publicly to all men.
I agree, it's just over the top to protest at someone's funeral. Do it before, after but not during or even on the same day...just bad form and rude, IMO.

I cut down the quote, but it's all very twisted and not representative of most religious folk, to be sure. I suspect some very seriously repressed people here. You'll note the only sins he seems to be concerned with are all sexual in nature. Guess he's ok with greed, sloth, pride and the like....

[ 03-10-2006, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 03-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #22
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Maybe a little off-topic, but I thought you'd like to read a description from one of the Patriot Guard Riders. This was a funeral for PFC. Tina Marie Priest in Smithville, Texas, so apparently none of Phelps' inbreds were there, but I think it's a great description of the respect shown at a military funeral. In a twisted way we have Phelps to thank for this. The PGR was started specifically to counter his protests...
Quote:
Pardon the Army-ese, but that was the order of the day. Almost everone I met today was a vet, former service member, or a family member of a service person. Met Chuck and about 10 others at Denny's in Austin at 7:00 or so. A good breakfast and six cups of coffee later, we hit the road for Smithville. The reality of why we were there did not strike me at first. I was all into the ride and having a good time...then we got to the church. When we pulled up in front and they organized everyone with the flags to be directly in front of the church when the funeral party emerged, I started to well up. The sight of the flag in a ceremony like that by itself is an emotional event for me, but thinking of the grieving family of that young girl inside was almost overwhelming. When the family came out a woman, who may have been the mother, came out first. She stopped when she saw the flags, and the 80 or so bikers standing in rough formation behind them with their hands respectfully clasped behind their backs in the best rendition of 'parade rest' most of us remembered. She put her hands over her mouth and just stared for what must have been two minutes. It was all I could do not to sob out loud just looking at her. I thought I was going to have a hard time getting to the cemetery if I couldn't see. After they brought the flag-draped coffin out,which was another teary moment (I'm not ashamed, there were men much worthier than I that had tears streaming) we mounted up for the ride to the cemetery. The procession was amazing. On one long straight stretch, I realized that I could not see the front of the procession. Half of Smithville must have turned out. The bikes (75) by themselves stretched out forever. The people in Smithville that were not at the funeral came out of their homes and business's as we passed. Some put their hands over their hearts, men removed their hats, most all waved as the bikes went by. At the cemetery, they did a full honors military service with a 21 gun salute and taps. I cried like a baby, but didn't care. There were grizzled old limping Viet Nam era vets crying right along with me. After the graveside service, we were thanked by Brigadier General Campbell who came by and shook everyones hand, working his way down the line. Those of us who had it drilled in snapped to attention by reflex as he stopped in front of us. Then he gave a small speech to the group. He was followed by family members who thanked us for attending and invited us back to the church for the after funeral dinner. Most of us went to the church, and the ensuing scene was another heart-wrencher. Small town, conservative America in their finest clothes were mingling with big, leather clad, sun-burnt bikers, most of whom had been on the road all day to get there. One guy rode from Valdosta Georgia! Anyway, it was a very poignant day. Sad in parts and gratifying in others. I would not have missed it for the world, but I hope occasions to ride as part of a funeral procession are few and far between.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #23
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Having been a pallbearer at many military funerals I can tell you that most of the soldiers doing the detail get pretty emotional as well, I'm glad for what these men are doing, and I'm sure the show of support is several magnitudes greater for the families whose funerals they show such respect for.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:12 AM   #24
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Is this the loser group that has little kids holding signs saying "god hates fags" ? If so, then I already hated them. I mean, yeh, you can be f'ed up and hate people, but getting KIDS to do your sick ass twisted things is below human.

Evil. Those people will go straight to hell. (With a grandly wreaked funeral.)

I hope I never see someone do that in person. THEY better hope I don't see it happen.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #25
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I hope the national LAMDA organization makes a point to have a gay parade outside Fred's funeral.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #26
Stratos
Vampire

Here's a fun pic with Phelp's:

Old 03-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #27
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

*ROFL* best laugh I've had all day, even if it is photoshopped
Old 03-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #28
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[img]smile.gif[/img] Cool one!

I pity people that make it their lifes work to down other people.. what sad, little people.

Someone needs to step on them.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #29
Sythe
Ra

God apparently hates the Swedes.

http://www.godhatessweden.com/

What is next?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:58 AM   #30
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
From what I hear, He's not too keen on shrimp, either...

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote