Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have it I have it, I am disturbingly happy, cant wait to dig into it. Anyone else grabbed it yet?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Can't say i've heard of it. Author?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

George R.R. Martin

I'm out of cash for a couple of week, why did he have to go and release it a week after Wheel of Time 11?

[ 10-20-2005, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 10-20-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
George R.R. Martin

I'm out of cash for a couple of week, why did he have to go and release it a week after Wheel of Time 11?
October seems to be the month for books - first the new Terry Pratchett hardback, then another Feist, then Jordan, and now Martin. The only pisser was that I couldn't find the last in hardback - not that it matters so much for this series because my books were already mostly in the large PB format.

Well I was just starting the Jordan, but as I was only finishing the prelude I have decided to drop it back on the unread pile and pick up the Crow Feasting frenzy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 08:26 PM   #5
Sythe
Ra

What the heck!? Isn't it supposed to be released November? Or is that only in North America.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:22 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
What the heck!? Isn't it supposed to be released November? Or is that only in North America.
That would be a turn-up for the books - Australia getting something before the US - have you guys not got the book on shelves yet?

[ 10-24-2005, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 10-24-2005, 06:05 PM   #7
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sythe:
That would be a turn-up for the books - Australia getting something before the US - have you guys not got the book on shelves yet? </font>[/QUOTE]I haven't checked. I will try tommorow.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
Sythe
Ra

F@#K!! It's not there!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:16 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

It's listed as november for Canada as well. Looks like you guys got it early!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:27 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL - TL must be fuming - he has been waiting for this book for so long [img]smile.gif[/img]

OK - here is a little tease for you guys that have to wait - nothing outrageous or spoiling seeing as we all know how the last book ended :

The Imp..... his cell's open your grace..... no sign of him anywhere.

The dream was true. "I gave orders", she said, "He was to be kept under guard night and day...".

"Your Grace", said Blount, "Shall I fetch a cup of water?"

It is blood I need, not water. Tyrion's blood. Cersei closed her eyes and saw the dwarf grinning at her. No, she though, no, I was almost rid of you. But his fingers had closed aroud her neck and she could almost feel them beginning to tighten.