Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-10-2001, 07:35 AM   #1
Kreez Y'dregun
Welcomed New User

I tried to solo BG2 and it has been quite easy, and it still is.
Am playing by the AD & D rules.
Iam a thief/mage and iam REALLY doing everything easy now that I Can turn into the slayer.
Iam currently in that underground with those dwarfes, elves or whatever they are.
It took me 2-3 days to get there by soloing.

WEll, gonna see if I can win BG2 in less then 2 weeks.
Took me like 2 weeks to win it with a group.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:09 AM   #2
Tuor
Elminster

How exactly are soloing it 'easily' if you are using cheesy tactics like the famous mislead one and/or the cloudkill 'oh the dragons dead tactic' then yes it is easy.

But what happens if you play it normally when you come up against multiple enemies, you only have to fail one saving throw and you've had it.

More info needed before I can properly respond to this post. I've also completed SoA and ToB soloing a swashbuckler/mage and I can honestly say I never found it 'easy'.
Old 10-10-2001, 09:16 AM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

Tuor, I agree those are cheesy tactics, but still, they're legit. Not that I'm agreeing with Kreez or anything. I've never actually solo'd myself, I'm too social for that, but still, when you're on your own, I guess some people are willing to do whatever it takes.

Addition:
Though this makes me think of the people who would Gatekeep or Shadowkeep their ability scores (because they would have rolled for them anyway). I think it's not even part of 2nd ed. AD&D rules to be allowed to reallocate the points, nevermind constantly reroll your scores...but who am I but an old skool PnPer

[This message has been edited by StarVid (edited 10-10-2001).]