Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-16-2001, 10:30 PM   #1
Rolla Z
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How many players roleplay their characters? I play as a neutral good ranger (no kits) and I make all the decisions based on how I believe he would act. Being a ranger I dual-wield axes and every now and then pick of enemies with my longbow. My decisions throughout the game have lead me to miss out on some quests and good items such as celestial fury as my ranger wouldn't barge into private residences. I also gave the vorpal sword back to the gyth... guys as it belongs to them. I have also gone without Crom Faeyr as the scroll component seemed to disappear somewhere while travelling through the underdark. Unless its a bug, I believe it must of happened when I gained another item while carrying around a full backpack of stuff. This probably lead to the scroll being dropped on the ground. When looking at items on the ground I would have seen a simple scroll and left it behind thinking it worthless. So this foolish assumption means I have lost Faeyr. Do any others have roleplaying stories they would like to share?
Old 07-17-2001, 12:24 AM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I like the way you play your game. I have only played the game once. I played a Thief, which was a pure thief. He was also CG. So I went through the game thinking if it was not nailed down I would take it and maybe think about giving it back at a later date. I kind of think like Tas from the dragonlance series. AS far as getting all the swords I would get them and if they where not needed I would sell them. I kind of play the game as a power player but not a cheater in any way. I also like to do all the quest that I come across, besides some one has spent a lot of time into the game. I also do all the quest that help others out it is my soft side I guess. Anywas that is my two cents.

------------------

Give me Back my glasses.
Lord of the blind.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:37 AM   #3
The X
Dungeon Master

I played a chaotic neutral assassin during my first time through. I was romancing Jaheira for the sake of the subquests that her romance gonna spawn and also kept a collection of all the swords by selling them to the guy at my guildhouse. I tried to potray a "Artemis Entreri" kinda style but heck, that is one mean deadly assassin.

Old 07-17-2001, 11:28 AM   #4
Altranan
Dungeon Master

My favourite game was using a chaotic neutral mage, whose only concern was the acquistion of vast powers which pretty much fit in with my power-playing style. This also allowed me to do whatever quest I wanted to since it would add EXP and be another step closer to god-head.
Old 07-17-2001, 12:46 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm very into roleplaying my characters. I have only been playing BG1 lately, but I played a Paladin through once and returned what didn't belong to me, helped the innocent, defeated the evil, ect. Now I'm playing a neutral evil Drow and I love roleplaying this one. I take money when I get the chance, take things when I find them, never return anything to anyone unless I get paid a whole lot, kill those that annoy me, never sleep in inns unless the guards constantly catch me, and other evil sort of things.
Old 07-17-2001, 01:49 PM   #6
Istaron
Banned User

Of course I roleplay. I am doing mustlu goodies, but one or two evil guys also comes in the picture sometimes

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen