Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 07:53 AM   #1
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I recently Purchased and installed HoW. I downloaded and used the cheats from this site and find that each attempt to create items or any other cheat gets the dreaded response "Nice Try Cheater". I have changed the Game Options, this is old hat to me from BG and BG2, I also had it set for IWD before I installed HoW. I have tried everything I can think of.... any ideas would be appreciated.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 08:55 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

hmm...when you say that you have downloaded and used the cheats from this site, I guess you mean the Dale keeper or some other type of hacker program right? All I use is the code that I had mentioned in a previous thread, and that does the trick just fine. All I can recommend a this moment is proofread your stuff, and make sure you are typing commands exactly as you are given them, with the capitols where they are supposed to be, and the little ";" and "()" thiings.
I guess in order to answer more specifically, tell us what style of cheats you are useig, whether it be the Dale Keeper or the codes (that are not downloaded like you said)

------------------

Larry, ??? of the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:45 PM   #3
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Also bear in mind if you're using the type-in cheats from IWD, then you need to change the wording from CHEATERSDOPROSPER to GETYOURCHEATON in HoW, or you get the 'nice try cheater!' response.

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 08:33 PM   #4
EL_Skirvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had the same problem with creating items from the item lists so after playing around a bit with different entry codes i came up with this:

For creating items enter:

GETYOURCHEATON:CreateItem("item name")

basically like with bg1 using quotes instead of brackets

Hope this helps!
EL_Skirvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 09:45 PM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Wow...talk about a fast reply. Ok well I am using the text file from this site. The 14 kb cheat sheet on your downloads page. You really have no need of an Editor if you use these. EL_Skirvo...I will try your fix. I have read through the text file but I must be miss reading something because it looks to me like I was supposed to use the old code CHEATERSDOPROSPER: yaddayaddayadda. After I Input GETYOURCHEATON:EnableCheatKeys(); I would like to thank you all for the info and I have used the text based codes for all of the BG style games. Thanks again! This is a great site and I will continue telling my gaming friends about it.
Old 03-20-2001, 09:57 PM   #6
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

EL_Skirvo...Thanks! That did the trick. All I had to do was substitute the GETYOURCHEATON: for the CHEATERSDOPROSPER: and it worked like a charm.
I am, of course, kicking myself in the butt for not trying it first. =o) Larry_OHF thanks! Asphyxiate...Thanks!
Old 03-20-2001, 10:02 PM   #7
EL_Skirvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

heh glad I could help!
EL_Skirvo is offline   Reply With Quote