Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

OK, Im about to fight Yxuonumi (dont flame me for that spelling), and I cant rest in the area leading up to her. I dont remember it being like this without HoW installed, and as this is my first time through with the addon, Im inclined to believe it has something to do with that....or was it always like this?

Its getting really irritating having to walk all the way back along the twisted path, back through the small underground village, back out the door to the west...everytime I want to rest. (Which is VERY often, seeing as this is the most trapped corridor in the game, and my theif is out of action)...

Is this normal? Am I just complaining about nothing, or should I be able to rest?
Old 04-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Unfortunately, that entire area is a "no rest" area, so trekking back to the Eldathyn level is your only choice.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:59 AM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

Are you saying that you have to trek back out of the entire Dragon's Eye, or just lvl 5? The top two levels of DE pose resting problems, no matter what add-ons you have.

There's only one area to rest on DE lvls 4 and 5. The room with the adventurers on lvl 4. You cannot rest on lvl 5, and cannot rest on lvl 4 except for that one area (and I believe that you cannot even rest in the room if you've killed the adventurers, but I'm not 100% sure).

You should be able to rest anywhere on lvl 3, and failing that, you can have Egenia (priestess) watch over you while you rest on lvl 2.

[ 04-29-2005, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 04-29-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

Thanks guys, I was wondering if this was supposed to be a 'no rest' area. I just have no recollection of this, perhaps because I had a theif last time I passed through here, which would have made things easier. No, I dont have to leave the entire of Dragons Eye, just back to an area I can rest in. A major problem is choosing the number of knock spells I take with me, as I am sacrificing valuable combat spell slots. The most annoying thing is to come across a locked door that I cant open in any way. I am yet to see forcing a door actually work...

Thanks for putting my mind at rest guys, I was just whining about nothing. When I get home tonight Ill give it another bash. (the doors)

Thanks again
-Sooth

[ 04-29-2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Soothsayer ]
Old 04-30-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
Aerich
Lord Ao

The doors are causing problems? They shouldn't be. Afaik, Albion's key (the doorkeeper on lvl 4) should open all the doors on lvls 4 and 5.

As for the chests, I have had supreme difficulty in bashing them. I've even taken a giant strength potion and tried bashing before, to no avail. I think Knock is the only way for a thiefless party to open them. Having gone through this area without a thief before, I would recommend leaving the chests for a while, then taking a day or two to memorize Knock in all your lvl 2 slots, and open them up all at once. That's what I did. I left all the chests until right before I beat Yxunomei, then spent another day afterwards to open the chests in her room (and took the hit from the traps).
Old 05-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I could have sworn that it was possible to rest on Yux's level in the first large room to the south - the one with all of the archers. It's been a while so I could be wrong. Failing that you can always head back to the area with the adventurers on level 4. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote