Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 09:17 AM   #1
sheridan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i'm in dorns deep, and i didn't find the guy who i have to give the potion to (so he'll tell me where the lower levels of the deep are), nor did i find the potion.

i did, however, find noble nick, and decided to split my game into a kill/not kill situation. at present, i'm proceeding witout killing him, but my other group already has (sorry nick, but you're real weak). i dont' know if that'll have other consequences down the road.

anybody know?

thanks,

sheridan
Old 04-23-2005, 03:27 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

There's a frequent poster on this board who goes by the name of NobleNick--for a second I thought you were trying to off him! ^_^

Are you talking about Bandoth and the Razorvine extract? That's the only potion I know of in Dorn's Deep.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #3
sheridan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah, i'm talking about bandoth, and the red wizard of thay who's in one of the dungeons. i just noticed that nick titled himself red wizard of thay, so i decided to throw a little jab at him.

thanks,

sheridan
Old 04-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

As far as I know, Bandoth is a self-contained (and rather buggy) event. But it's worth a lot of experience, so you might want to keep him alive. Just make sure to find out about the potion from Bandoth before you go give it back to him, else he won't recognize it or give you the full reward, thanks to a buggy script.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:32 PM   #5
NobleNick
Quintesson

Sheridan,

Ahh! So that's it!

I read your first post, last Friday; and thought, "What...?" I knew there was a joke to be had, but just wasn't getting it. So, in quite an uncharacteristic move, I decided to say nothing and see if someone else got it over the weekend. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can honestly say that though I see it now, I would have scratched my head for quite a while before getting this one.

By the way (and I think this has a lot to do with why I didn't get the joke), I didn't pick my Avatar (thats what they call those images to the left). You are assigned one, based on the number of posts you make. You (Sheridan) were a "Welcomed New User" (or something like that) from your first through 5th post. Now you are an "Elite Waterdeep Guard." I think, about your 25th post, your Avatar will change to "Dungeon Master" with a pic of rolling dice. (Or maybe it is something else, and DM is at your 50th... I forget.) And on and etc. I was assigned "Red Wizard of Thay" at my 800th post, and get to keep it until my 900th.

It is true that I like my current Avatar better than any I have had before and better than any others that I see in my near future. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:11 AM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Smiley

Call me stupid but try as I might I still cant figure out whom she is referring to as "Noble nick"...
Old 04-26-2005, 01:50 PM   #7
sheridan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah, well there you go. just shows how much i know about all this RPG stuff.

have a good one, and thanks for the help. check out my next post.