Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 08:16 AM   #1
noname

anyone help me with this. My understANDING IS YOU TALKJ TO SCANTHRil he tells ya to check on some dude he sent to kill raskallion, and if you goto the stout mines and kill raskalion and come back scanthril gives you a dagger for the assasin quest.... but for me he is not giving me the dagger instead he tells me to goto the boogre cave and say scanthril sent you. I have alreeady cleared the boogre cave...

Old 11-19-2000, 10:48 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I haven't done this quest so my advice is worth about that much .....

The guide* says that if you are asked to kill Raskallion that that ought to be enough for Scanthril to give you the dagger. Did you try "saving your game" and then just killing Scanthril to see if you get the dagger? You have to take the dagger to the thieves guild to actually get promoted to Assassin (and only the character carrying the dagger will be asked).

Since you are saying that he is telling you to go to the boogre caves - (for anything specific?) perhaps journeying up there and back again would trigger Scanthril??

Wyv

*I finished the game before the guide arrived and find it lacking in many, many ways.
Old 11-19-2000, 06:58 PM   #3
xenotoca

Actually he asks you to find his agent who he sent to kill Rask.and if his agent is dead he expects you to complete the job. Now I found a body in the same general area that Rask is in must admit I took little notice of it and killed Rask. On returning to Scanth he starts speaking without any prompting "(insert agents name here, I relly must write them down as you cant alt tab out of game) is dead, I knew it" I asked for my reward and he gave me the assasin dagger. I have seen the posts about sending you off elsewere so I returned to Scanth and asked for my reward again he sent me to the booger cave were he said the hand kept there gold.

I suspect you have to find the body of his agent (which is the quest) to trigger the reward of the dagger

Old 11-19-2000, 07:27 PM   #4
xenotoca

looking back through the posts for raptors I found Regis said the body was on the island in the lake leading up to the boogre cave so might be worth checking there.

Old 11-19-2000, 08:26 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I just love the way helpful people will do that little extra bit - searching through old posts and then repost to help a player out!
Good one, xenotoca!!!

Wyv