Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 06:53 PM   #1
Thorbin

i was just thinking that in order to finish the game with max. items and xp, you almost have to be good. seems a bit unfair dont you think. I mean, the vast majority of the quests you recieve,(ie. XP)are pointed towards good. i believe the folks at Black Isle should keep us evil folk in mind.

Old 11-17-2000, 09:36 PM   #2
Bewildered

*Sigh*

Black Isle probably doesn't want to turn us all into mad scientists and pyscho murderers right?

Old 11-20-2000, 12:28 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've posted on this before, and the game is definitely skewed towards good characters. Evil quests are few and far between and give you less XP than good quests. Having said that you should still hit the XP cap by doing evil quests, though more slowly. Price you pay for being evil I suppose. But there are some quests that truly evil characters should not do - such as the teddy bear quest which delivers a massive 15000 XP by the way. What self respecting evil person would do that quest??
Old 11-20-2000, 11:21 AM   #4
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

I already AM a PSYCHO DIIEEEE!!!!!!!!

DDDDDDDD

LLLLLLLLL
@!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also hate how an Evil person can't use his powers.

Sigh
Old 11-21-2000, 05:42 PM   #5
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

I left the teddy bear on the rotting corpse of the guy who kills Amnoens sister daughter. If he wants his Bear so much he should go haunt there. Also for fun I killed him. (the ghost)
Old 11-21-2000, 05:54 PM   #6
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I generally always play a Neutral good character, and I have to agree that the game is definately slanted in favor of good alignment. Memnoch's points are good, and there are a few quests that you can actually take the evil path on, but as he said the xp is less and the level of difficulty is generally much tougher. Perhaps in the next game Black Isle/Bioware will implement a good or evil approch to the full game. You do hate to have to go and whack an innocent character just to drop you rep 5 points on a regular basis in order to negate to constant rep increases to keep your party members happy.