Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-16-2004, 08:20 AM   #11
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i have played a half dragon before. she was great. she was a half silver, who was dumb as a brick, and was ruled by her intelligent hand axe. she knew she would never make any friends with him, but wasn't sure if any would be as loyal as him. anyway....she met a dwarf who had a psionic power that made him lighter than air and he started floating away from his group. my hd shot him with an arrow that had a rope tied around it. she now had a "dwarf baloon"

she was great....
Old 08-16-2004, 09:19 AM   #12
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
quote:
Originally posted by Teri-sha Illistyn:
You could call Draconians, from the origional Dragonlance Novels... Half Dragons. They were quite interesting and a very origional concept. Check them out [img]smile.gif[/img]
They are not half-dragons, more of a Draconian races, made by Thaksis by corrupting Dragon eggs.

I had my group fighting a group of Halfdragons that are guarding the main villians lair, they are kind of shocktroops, one of the member really wants to fight a dragon but they are still only level 4th so it's a bit early so this will have to sate his appetite for now [img]smile.gif[/img]

You could also check out Draconomicon from Wizards of the coast, both the second edition and 3.5 edition, it has plenty of info on Halfdragons.
[/QUOTE]You're correct about draconians, but in 2nd ed 1/2dragons were not in the Draconomicon, they were in the "Counsel of Wyrms", only 3 types existed, gold, silver and (IIRC bronze) from the dragons that had a "natural" ability to change their form (which I assume has been made a generic dragon ability in 3E), dragons under a polymorph spell, were unable to reproduce, and only male dragons polymorphed into the form of another race were able to create 1/2 dragons.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:45 PM   #13
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

half dragons appeared in mortal combat. they are creatures of imense strength and should be avoided.DO NOT ENGAGE WITH A HALF DRAGON! take extreame cation when speaking with a half dragon. and it is expertly said by me to avoid balttling with one unless you are exremely confident

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers