Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 09:08 PM   #31
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
Does that magic actually work?

Try it for yourself. Know that witch's believe in a 3 fold law of consequence. If you do "evil", it comes back to you three times worst. Whoops, apparently you are the lord of evil I wonder how that would apply to you?

Old 09-11-2001, 09:15 PM   #32
HisDivineShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehe... if you wanna know about some Magic that works, I'll be glad to provide a few anecdotes.

------------------
"I am His most Divine Shadow."
Old 09-12-2001, 10:16 AM   #33
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

It depends on several things...Do you really believe what you are doing will work? What is your true intent? Do you really WANT it to work?

I find (from experience and talking with others) that, magic to hurt someone fails about half of the time. (thank goodness). Whereas anything I've personally cast, because it was for good purposes, has worked.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-12-2001, 12:16 PM   #34
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Ok lots of good insights in this thread. I think i might want to be a wiccan. I have read and looked up much information on it and the more i read about it the more i like the religion. What is the best way to get started into the wiccan religon?

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-12-2001, 12:39 PM   #35
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Ok lots of good insights in this thread. I think i might want to be a wiccan. I have read and looked up much information on it and the more i read about it the more i like the religion. What is the best way to get started into the wiccan religon?

Well, one thing you might try is to find out if there is a coven in operation near you. If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I'm under the impression that Salem, Oregon has a pretty lively Wiccan society. If so, it surely has spread out from there so you may be in luck. They may not be very easy to find because, as stated previously, you have to be careful who you ask - most might not tell you right out until they feel they can trust you. You could try a "new age" bookstore near you to see if they are involved or know anyone who is or just look on the net locally. See if anyone is bold enough in your area to have a website. Pretty good rule of thumb, if they advertise Wiccan books, etc. they may be one. Not always, but usually. Once you get in touch with someone in your area, it will be easier to learn more about it.

But as I also AM a Christian, please don't keep God out of it. I am not (obviously) one of the "strict", "rigid" Christians. I simply believe God created it all and that, yes, He sent His son to die for our sins so that at some time we can be with Him again. He left others to "tend the fields" for Him as he watches over us all. Those "tenders" are the spirits that help us in our "day-to-day" life. I don't agree with the Crusaders who decided if you didn't renounce the "old ways" you were evil and should die. What's evil or sinful about living in harmony with nature and the universe? What's evil in asking these entities for assistance and guidance? Some people...

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 12:56 PM   #36
MagiK

Quote:

I most certainly DO work, sheesh I put in nearly 55 hours last week

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 12:57 PM   #37
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

I most certainly DO work, sheesh I put in nearly 55 hours last week
ROTFLMAOLOL!!!!!!!!!! Boy, did I need that laugh today.

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 12:59 PM   #38
MagiK

Just a lighthearted and sexist comment on being wiccan...I don't want to become one, however I did enjoy the two ceremonies during the equinoxs several years ago that I was allowed to observe..I mean, I like naked people dancing around a bonfire rather pleasent way to spend an evening

------------------

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-12-2001).]

Old 09-12-2001, 01:00 PM   #39
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
ROTFLMAOLOL!!!!!!!!!! Boy, did I need that laugh today.

Your Welcome DM you made me smile by laughing

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 02:07 PM   #40
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Just a lighthearted and sexist comment on being wiccan...I don't want to become one, however I did enjoy the two ceremonies during the equinoxs several years ago that I was allowed to observe..I mean, I like naked people dancing around a bonfire rather pleasent way to spend an evening

Well, if I wasn't married, maybe I'd dance naked around a fire in the moonlight for you.

Unfortunately for you, my husband gets all my "naked campfire dancing" now.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-12-2001).]