Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2001, 04:20 PM   #1
Silverleaf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In chapter 5 after I've chosen to double cross the drow lady by replacing the real dragon eggs with her fake ones only to return to her another set of fake eggs.... she seems to know I've got two sets of eggs on me. She thanks me for getting the real eggs but tells I must put the fake ones back (the intention of course is to put one set of fakes in the loth lair and give her the other set of fakes , given to me by her ex, and keep the real ones so I can give them to the Silver Dragon). I've tried leaving the real ones outside (not in posetion by any of my characters) but it doesn't work!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-21-2001, 04:32 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

It occurs to me that the two sets of fake eggs are not identical. Soulafeins are dead ringers for the real ones, and phaere cant tell the difference. but that girl isnt stupid and marked her own ones so she could tell them apart.

so you have to put phaeres eggs in the temple and give her soulafeins. if you are evil you can just give her the real ones and kill the silver dragon and get out through the kua-toa city. if your evil.

Old 10-21-2001, 04:45 PM   #3
Silverleaf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I've double checked, and I've seemed to have done it right (I have Soulafein's fakes in my inventory). I've left the real ones on the ground outside the building. So Phaere's should assume the ones I have are real and take them from me (thats what I've read is supposed to happen). But no luck... I'm very frustrated.
Old 10-21-2001, 05:38 PM   #4
pharrison
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I put Solefein's fake ones in the temple and gave her the real ones, and then took care of business during the ceremony. I don't want to spoil it for you, but it's right after you give her the eggs. In other words, you'll still have a chance to get the real eggs back....
Old 10-21-2001, 06:08 PM   #5
tehmpus
The Magister

I happen to disagree with Pharrison. After Phaere gives you the fake eggs to put in the temple... you meet Solufen on the way to the temple. Solufein will give you an additional set of fake eggs at this point. Your goal is to put Phaere's marked fake eggs in the temple, and remove the real eggs for yourself.
You always keep the real eggs on your person. There is no need to drop them off outside before talking to Phaere again. So when Phaere asks for the real eggs, you should have two sets of eggs in your inventory. The discussion will ask you if you want to give Phaere the real eggs or Solufein's fake eggs. Give her the fakes, then watch the fireworks show afterwards. hee hee.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-21-2001, 11:01 PM   #6
Kitka
Dungeon Master

for some reason the old time honoured method will not work once TOB is installed. GR-r-r ! you place phares eggs in the temple and give her the soulafien ones? it seems that once you enter the egg room you are done for and must fight your way out of the temple, then drow town, even with your party invisible, your cleric under sancturary, with non detection!! it sucks. - i have never been able to successfully complete this quest since a TOB install. (even patched).

if you are able to change the eggs at all, then you should give phare the other fakes.

Old 10-21-2001, 11:41 PM   #7
pharrison
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I don't think it gave me the choice to give her the fake ones, so I ended up doing it exactly as Kitka described- went to the temple and just put Solufen's eggs in. Then had to battle my way out after the ceremony. And I *do* have TOB installed, so maybe it is a bug.