Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-22-2001, 03:46 PM   #1
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Ok I have to get the eggs from drow city, bla bla bla.

For some reason they went all hostile even though I went on with the plot and everything? Would anyone know why this is. I'm just going around getting my lvl 17 fighter to kill them all in a flash. I've worked my way about a 3rd through the city.

I figured quests and experience there won't matter since I'm getting so much from killing them all.

Also you know the kao'tan area I got the girdle sword etc from frost giant strength. I killed that prince on a previous game, and contaminated the pool but I didn't get anything. Is there something I have missed out so I should do it again.
Old 07-22-2001, 04:05 PM   #2
trux

There's a few reasons I can think of why they may have gone hostile. Did you make sure to complete every quest correctly and in a timely manner? The quests in Ust Natha are all time based and you MUST complete them in their alotted time period. I took too long once and they all attacked. Another possibility is that you didn't do one certain quest that could have your identity uncovered. Also, you might have inadvertantly attacked one or something.

------------------
trux
Old 07-22-2001, 04:11 PM   #3
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

No as in I was just about to enter the city and some guy asks who I am. I say what the dragon told me to say and everything goes wrong!

My point is does it matter if I go and slay everyone?
Old 07-23-2001, 01:09 AM   #4
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by IntrospectiveIdeals:
I am not sure, I've never slaughtered them all *before* getting the eggs. If you can get the eggs, no problem. But, I think that you need a specific key to get to the eggs...

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 07-23-2001, 08:23 AM   #5
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by IntrospectiveIdeals:
No as in I was just about to enter the city and some guy asks who I am. I say what the dragon told me to say and everything goes wrong!

My guess is the attitude in which you answered the questions. If you are not Cocky, like a drow< then they will see you are not. If you answered meekly, they will know. This happened to me, I had to reload, and answer correctly.

Old 07-23-2001, 01:37 PM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You know, I don't see why they made the Drow so weak in the Underdark. I mean I have my Drow in BG1 that I'm working on that could slay all of them (he wouldn't do it though), and he is only level 8!
Old 07-23-2001, 05:10 PM   #7
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Lol, your lvl 8 character would be annihilated. Would be confused by one of their priestesses/mages, then simultaneously whacked with +3 swords and crossbows. Import your char and use the console to warp there and try it.
Old 07-23-2001, 05:12 PM   #8
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't think so. Drow have MR. He has a THAC0 of 2. Does damage of 20-30. Critical of 30-40. They wouldn't stand a chance.
Old 07-23-2001, 05:30 PM   #9
Viking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ahem...you do know that Drow lose their MR on the surface right? Only the "god-like" Drizzt doesn't, because he's blessed by some Surface God.

Also, how'd you get around to doing 20-30 basic damage? Assuming you have a weapon that rolls one in damage...thats +19 in other damage...pretty strange. Assuming you don't have the Crom Fayer already..(Which you can't if you haven't been through the Underdark Yet)
Old 07-23-2001, 07:34 PM   #10
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

thaco of 2.. wow, frightening. assuming you have 65% mr, some spells still get through. and at lvl 8 you can't possibly have enough hp for the punishment the drows will dish out. Go ahead, try it.

And I too am curious to what weapon and what strength score you have to do 20-30 normal damage at lvl 8 in BG1. minsc with crom faeyr (most powerful weapon in BG2) gets 2d4+5(7-13)+14 bonus for 25 strength = 21-27 dmg. Of course that excludes his dual-wielding the Flail of Ages.
Sarevok with the Blade of Chaos gets 1d10+4(5-14)+6 bonus for 18/00 strength and +1 for two-handed style = 12-21 damage.. These are lvl 20+ characters, btw.
Not to be rude, but your claims are BS or 'creative' use of Shadowkeeper.