Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-08-2001, 05:18 AM   #1
AMG

I am stuck at the druid's grove. I get Cernd to challenge for the leadership but just as he kills her she morphs into a panther and he dies because by then he is all spelled out. Any hints?

Old 03-08-2001, 05:23 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well you don´t actually kills her, she just use her ability as a Druid to shapechange, Cernd can do this too, but he better be a high level druid, you need to be about level 12-14 to have fair chance at this fight.

She is tough so poor Cernd is in for a tough one here..

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-08-2001, 05:24 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AMG:
I am stuck at the druid's grove. I get Cernd to challenge for the leadership but just as he kills her she morphs into a panther and he dies because by then he is all spelled out. Any hints?
Cast Haste on Cernd before entering the battleground, get him to cast Insect Swarm or Summon Insects as soon as the battle starts, then shapeshift him into a werewolf/greater werewolf.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-08-2001, 05:30 AM   #4
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Also try and save a iron skins spell and cast it when she changes. It prevent him from taking damage for a litimted number of hits.
Old 03-08-2001, 05:32 AM   #5
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Buff spells on Cernd.

Try Improved Haste on Cernd. Better, cos if it runs out, Cernd isn't fatigued.

Also, try to summon some bears to help if possible.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
[img]:monster3:[\img]
Old 03-08-2001, 07:24 AM   #6
Lord Shield

I did this. 1st action: Summon greater fire elemental. 2nd action: Become Greater Werewolf. 3rd action: kick ass!

Old 03-08-2001, 02:24 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Before Cernd does anything, cast inspect spells on her first!! As she runs around panic and can't cast any spell, immediately summon fire elementals to keep her "more" busy, then summon mountain bears. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

P.S. she will try to attack you, just surround her with about 3 critters and if you come too close, shapechange into Greater Werewolf.....it might be a bit overkill, oh well.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 02:28 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

that fight is very easy

because you have default spells: animal summon II & III

just cast this two right before the battle, and yes, you have enough time to do it.

see, that evil druid always cast a protection spell on herself first, then she cast insect on you, which takes two rounds, this will give you enough time to summon 2 bears and a pack of wolves.

then turn yourself into werewolf, and kick her ass, i always outnumber her by 1 to 4 at least, she has no chance
Old 03-08-2001, 02:52 PM   #9
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
I did this. 1st action: Summon greater fire elemental. 2nd action: Become Greater Werewolf. 3rd action: kick ass!

BK