Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2001, 06:53 AM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

So frustrated that I decided to totally erase all IWD programme and start over, so I deleted the programme file and when it kept asking if I relly wanted to delete such and such a file I just hit the 'yes to all' button. But I mista deleted something essential 'cos now it won't re-install. The 'install' option is greyed out on the initial screen. WHAT can I do? PLEASE HELP! Pretty please?! I am a total and utter dumbo....

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 07:10 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OK, look for a file in the mainfolder or directory where you had IWD installed. There can obs CAN be a file called setup.txt or something like it, instalation. You have to be able to see all files. Open in in notepad, and you will see if it belongs to IWD. If it does, delete it.

One other thing is to search for everything that is named IWD, icewind ice etc and delete that which looks like IWD files.

Have you deleted the "uninstal" from your windows menue? If noit, run it and sometimes it can be enough to mark the game destroyed so you can make a new instalation.

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 07:43 AM   #3
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Ok...unfortunately I have run into the same problem. It appears IWD doesn't uninstall properly. If you look in the directory you have IWD installed in you will probably still see all the folders and files. This was the case with me.
I have used both the uninstaller that comes with the game and tried to use the Add/Remove programs function in the Control Panel. Fortunately for me I was already on my way to reformating my machine so I simply did that. (Never let windows search for an updated video driver!!) In any case the only thing you can do is go through your machine and delete all reference to IWD. This includes the registry and hotkeys. You might also try the customer service folks at Interpaly. Believe it or not I got a response from them within 2 days.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have some work ahead.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 07:55 AM   #4
WOLFGIR

Might be but I did what I tried to explain aboce and I reinstalled at five minuets after I had uninstalled it..

So ask if there is something we can help out with. Though I have some difficulties, sitting on some terms I don+t know how to describe IŽm afraid..
But IŽll try to help!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-04-2001, 09:58 AM   #5
Fljotsdale

Thanks you guys I'll try your suggestions.. and maybe pray, even though I'm an atheist, lol!

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 05-04-2001, 10:00 AM   #6
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Thanks you guys I'll try your suggestions.. and maybe pray, even though I'm an atheist, lol!

All help, including divine, could be good to have eh?

ood luck. U havenŽt had any luck with my game yet. But I read that a new patch is due in the beginning of june...
Old 05-04-2001, 05:04 PM   #7
Fljotsdale

I DID IT!! I DID IT!!

Thanks for the help!

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 05-05-2001, 07:29 PM   #8
Wulfere