Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-30-2001, 05:15 PM   #1
Cybid
Welcomed New User

Hi!
Three questions:

First, when doing the limited wish quest, the guy in the sewers tells me something about a troll living near trademeet the game tells me that my map was updated but I cannot find a new area near trademeet. Any suggestions?

Second, where do you get the Rogue Stone to get to Kangaxx?

Third, where do you get the quest to get to that area in the south (cannot think of the name of it, something starting with an S and sounds like a lizard name , came across it on the board)?

Thanks guys (and girls)!
Old 01-30-2001, 05:23 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
1) Try the Troll Mount in the Druid Grove map, it is located at the West side.

2) Rogue stone is a gem that will be awarded to you from guild mistress of Trademeet once you did the druid quest. Just talk to her and you will get it. But Rogue stone is not for Kangaxx, it is for entrance into Twisted Ruins. You can also find rogue stones in other locations, don't remember exact location though.

3) You mean either the shark city or the elven city? You will gain access to the elven city as that is the main plot, the shark city you will need to take Saemon's option once you are finished with Spellhold (rescue Imoen).
Old 01-30-2001, 05:25 PM   #3
satan

the troll you are looking for is in the druid grove map, hes in the west
you dont need the rouge stone for kangaxx, but you need it for the rune or whatever their name is
you can find the rouge stone on several locations, i can only remember a few of them,
on is at the shadow dragon, one is in asylm, one in teh underdark (i think they are a couple in the underdark)
for the third question, i dont know what you are talking about

Old 01-30-2001, 05:37 PM   #4
Cybid
Welcomed New User

Twisted ruins? What the hell is that (maybe I have been there already, because I am playing the German version and some names are confusing in the translation)? I want to do all the quests but I guess that I am still missing quite a few of them. Anyway, concerning the rogue stone, I guess that's the one I need to get into Kangaxx house, right? They probably are the gems that I have been selling off like crazy (I guess that that was not a smart move, then, and I would have to buy them back), I guess.

The area in the south that I am talking about is not shark city, so I guess that it must be the elven city (where I'll probably get to once I beat Bodhi; I think I am having a lucidum intervallum right now )

As for the troll, thanks, I'll try that as soon as I get home and can play BGII again (can't wait).
Old 01-30-2001, 07:04 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Spoiler:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Nope, the rogue stone is only for the twisted rune (or you can sell it for good gold), and the twisted rune is located in the dock district (one of the houses near the south west portion of the bridge facing the water). As for Kangaxx, it (he) is located at the dock district, but you will need to pick up two parts of his body before fighting him.
Old 01-30-2001, 08:05 PM   #6
Cybid
Welcomed New User

Yeah, I have the two parts for Kangaxx but still cannot get into the house near the Mae Var guild, where he is supposed to be, right? So how do I get inside?
Concerning the rogue stone: just to be sure that there is no translation problem: the rogue stone is that multi-colored stone that you find (somewhat) all over the place, right? And what exactly is the Twisted Rune (maybe just another translation problem). Thanks again and sorry for bugging you with that!
Old 01-30-2001, 08:11 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yes, the evil lich is in that house, similar to the one located at the bridge district, BEWARE of trap door. Fight past some minotaurs and go down the cellar, you have your golden head.

Twisted runes is a portal/place where you have to fight a lich (of course), a mage, a vampire, a beholder, and I think a cleric type. One of the tougher fight in the game if you ask me.

The rogue stone is a multi-colored stone, most expensive in the game and I think you can sell it for $1,500.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2001, 08:58 PM   #8
Cybid
Welcomed New User

Accord,

thanks a lot (also to Satan), everything worked, you guys really helped me big time. If you'll excuse me now, I'll have some serious slashing to do.
Old 01-30-2001, 09:00 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You are welcome, and have fun.
Old 01-30-2001, 09:47 PM   #10
satan

hab viel spass,
und vergiss nicht das auch deutsche im forum sind