Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 06-16-2001, 11:17 AM   #1
Kalista

When i bought a computer 2 years ago the guy who built it threw in Darkstone. well it did not play well on that puter.

so two weeks ago i bought a new compter.

now i load it and it runs fairly well for about 15 mins. after that it locks up hard. cant alt tab out nothing. have to do a complete reset. something in the back of my mind says this was a problem on the old system also.

has anyone had this problem? does anyone have any ideas as to why it does it?

Thanks

Kalista
Old 06-16-2001, 11:26 AM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

My suggestion would be to run scandisk, make sure you have patched up to version 1.05b and if all else fails, uninstall then reinstall.

Hope this helps

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 01:32 PM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

OK here is the official word about locking up and stuff. http://www.godgames.com/games/darkstone/
Now when that probally does not help because it is kind of vauge. What OS are you running? I am taking it for granted that you are running windows something. Update to the latest version of Direct X after you have up dated you sound and video drivers. OK the link does say this but it is not easy to get that out of it. Also you might wan to run windows update and get all the patches that are there. If you want post what kind of system you have (You know video card, sound card, ram, etc.) and people on this site will let you know if they know of any problems with any of the parts. I hope this helps.
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote