Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 07:22 AM   #1
Jumiah
Welcomed New User

Everytime I enter that church, right next to the Friendly Arms Inn, I crash to my desktop. First it makes me wait about a minute on the loading area screen, then fails. Does anyone know what could cause this?
Jumiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 07:38 AM   #2
Eric the Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

man my games full of bugs too, it mostly happens to me when i use the inns, in beregost, i get everything from crashing to desk top, with stuttered sound effects, to a total melt down blue screen, i usually just goto into baldurs gate file, and then into cache file and then delete the contents of the data file, that works till it happens again, then repeat process for future melt downs, try that anyway
Eric the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 08:16 AM   #3
Gil-Galad
The Magister

You might have done this already, but it is the only help I can offer. Reinstall with the most recent patch (available on the main site).
I had a sort of similar problem the first time I played BG. But then I went to the shop and bought the d****d game (ooops!). Surprise, surprise! It worked
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 12:07 PM   #4
CuteCotton
Elite Waterdeep Guard

^^ i suggest cleaning out your chache fodler so you know that all your files are fresh from teh cd, if that doesn't work, try defragmenting your drive, you can reinstall the latest patch, or reinstall the whole game...

just some tips and stuff to see if it helps (btw maybe yoru cd's scratched? the cd holder that coimes with bg doesn't exactly make sure your cds stay safe )

O.o*cutecotton*o.O
CuteCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 12:09 PM   #5
Jumiah
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the help.
Jumiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 12:42 PM   #6
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling (a full install is preferable if you have the space--IIRC, you just say yes to whatever it asks), and reinstall the most recent patch. I've heard that you want to copy baldur.ini to a safe place before uninstalling so that you don't lose (or perhaps risk losing) something or other, I forget what. Ditto for your saved games and characters folders, just to make sure you have a backup of those. But in fact I did none of that the one time I uninstalled and reinstalled (in order to do a full install), and the only thing I lost was the startup movies, which I was actually glad for.

[This message has been edited by Lemernis (edited 10-28-2001).]
Lemernis is offline   Reply With Quote