Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

In NC, it was so warm over the weekend that people were wearing shorts, flowers began to bloom, and I was happy. For the past three days, it has been in the 30s at day, 20s at night, and last night's windchill dropped to -15.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #12
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In Oslo Norway it is about -9Celsius and it have come 30 cm with snow so it is a bit warm but nice for this time of year to be [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 05:33 PM   #13
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Here in Alabama we've had a really mild winter up until this week and I must have gotten spoiled with all that warm weather cuz right now the thermometer says 37F, but dang I am sooo cold right now. Even my dog is under a blanket. It's starting to sleet a little bit too.

Time to heat up some soup I think. Maybe I'll just sit in it and see if I can get warm.

Brrrr...

Old 01-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

The temperature went as high as -1 F and now it's back on it's way down as night falls at 5:45. Such a lovely day! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 01-08-2004, 07:25 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Man that is frikken COLD Skywalker! And I've been whining because it's been in the teens overnight here LOL [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Is a woodstove all you have for heat? My dad when I was growing up refused to use the heat LOL, woodstove only. It was my job every day when I got home from school to get it going. The woodstove worked great for the living room where it was in, but the bedrooms stayed in the 50's! We had electric blankets though, but getting up out of an electric blanket, onto a hard wood floor with no carpet, in the early morning when it is 55 degrees in your room, is not easy LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-08-2004, 07:46 PM   #16
skywalker
Banned User

Other than the woodstove, we have electric heat, which means all we have to heat with is a woodstove (except we do use the electric in the bathroom when showering).

Like when you were growing up ladyzeke, the woodstove is in the living room and it has to heat the rest of the house. It's good that I am laid off (only good thing about it) since I was able to keep the house at 69 degrees today (tough to do).

We don't have electric blankets, just about 4 blankets on the bed. I kinda like it cool in the bedroom while we sleep.

Been doing this for about 13 years now, it would be better to have central heat, but there's something cozy about heat from a stove!

Mark
Old 01-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #17
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
In NC, it was so warm over the weekend that people were wearing shorts, flowers began to bloom, and I was happy. For the past three days, it has been in the 30s at day, 20s at night, and last night's windchill dropped to -15.
Are you guys expecting any snow tonight, over there in Winston-Salem? It's supposed to start around 3am and continue on past noon over here.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:49 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well if you kept the entire house at 69 degrees no doubt that is quite an accomplishment, you must have some good wood, the slow burning type. I remember sometimes as a kid I'd kinda cheat with the woodstove LOL when I had to start it when I got home from work, I'd use all the really light wood that just burned right up, but burned big and hot LOL. My dad would get so mad that I used up so much of the light wood LOL, but man it would be so toasty in the living room LOL!

Oh and we had this heater in the bathroom too LOL! The house my parents bought used to be owned by people who had somebody in the house in a wheelchair, so there was just this big tiled shower stall, from floor to ceiling, and this cool electric fan installed in the wall. Was so nice feeling warm air greet you when you got out of the shower rather than the 50 degree insanity going on in the rest of the house LOL. Oh and my dad the cheapo also put a timer on the hot water heater LOL. SEVEN minutes, that's all you get for a shower, better move it! Else you see your own breath in the shower with soap still on you, big giant "DOH!"

And Electric Blankets are great, but addictive LOL. Its almost like being in a sauna or a bath, just so much warmth, it is very soothing, but again, dang hard to get out of in the morning LOL.

I do know what you mean Skywalker about the feeling of a wood stove, definitely cozy, when you are next to it! Heck I grew up literally laying on the floor with a pillow right next to one every evening, we even cooked on it once when we had a big snow storm and the elec went out for days, it worked great with a cast iron skillet, was actually one of the best breakfasts I've ever had

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #19
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah its like 30 degrees right now in swansboro North Carolina thats really cold to me. Some of you probally don't think its cold but to me thats the coldest ever. Especially after living in cuba for 6 years and having nothing but summer.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:17 PM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Are you guys expecting any snow tonight, over there in Winston-Salem? It's supposed to start around 3am and continue on past noon over here. [/QUOTE]You're right, we are supposed to see some light dusting. Thanks, I had not yet heard that.