Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-18-2003, 10:45 AM   #1
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Just got this in email from my uncle in Hungary, so here's my translation of it, as they are some nice thoughts! (some of which you'll no doubt have heard before in other "inspirational" emails etc. but some thoughts are new to me). Anyway, worth reading, whoever you are!

In my dreams I paid a visit to God. I knocked on His door, asking to speak to Him if he had time. He smiled and replied:

- My time is eternal, I have time for everything. What would you like?
- I want to know: what do you find the most strange about humans?

- That they don't like being children, they hurry their adulthood, then when they get there, they wish they were children again. It's strange that they sacrifice even their health to get rich, and then they spend a fortune on getting their bodies healthy and into shape again. It's strange that they excitedly await the future, they forget about the present, and thus they not only do not live to see the future but don't really live the present either. It's strange that they live like they will never die and die like they have never lived.

- As our father, what would you like your children to learn and remember above all?

- Let them learn that you cannot force anyone to love you. You must let them love you. In life, the things we want are not the most important, most important is who is there to share them with us. Let humans learn that they should not measure and compare themselves against others, let them be able to be judged against themselves. Let them accept that the rich is not he who has most but he who requires the least. Let them learn that it takes only a few seconds to deeply wound these that we love, but it takes many, many years for these wounds to heal. They must learn that you can only learn forgiveness by practicing forgiving. They must accept that there are those that feel deeply but haven't learned to express those feelings. They must learn that money can buy anything except happiness. Two people can look at the same thing and see two completely different things. They should learn that the true friend is he who knows everything about us and loves us all the same. It is not always enough to receive the forgiveness of others, sometimes we must also forgive ourselves.

As I turned to leave, I thanked Him for his words. He replied:
- People will forget what you say and what you do, but they will always remember that you aroused feelings within them.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:29 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I have seen this before. Thought-provoking, for sure...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:42 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Nice post Vask.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:31 PM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Must mean my translating skills are good...unless you saw it in hungarian
Old 12-18-2003, 02:03 PM   #5
The Fallen One
Elminster

i remeber seein that somewhere. I m pretty sure i saw the enlgish version (cuz i cant read Hungarin )
Old 12-18-2003, 02:07 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I`ve seen it before . Nice toughts tough . [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2003, 03:21 PM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Hmm... deep...
Nice post and translation, Vaskez!
Old 12-18-2003, 10:29 PM   #8
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Yeah that's an awesome post. Nice one mate.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:09 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:
Must mean my translating skills are good...unless you saw it in hungarian [/QUOTE]I'll give a nod to your translating skills, 'cause the only hungarian I know is goulash (seriously!). I know smatterings of a number of languages, but no Hungarian.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:53 PM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:
Must mean my translating skills are good...unless you saw it in hungarian [/QUOTE]I'll give a nod to your translating skills, 'cause the only hungarian I know is goulash (seriously!). I know smatterings of a number of languages, but no Hungarian. [/QUOTE]Well actually goulash isn't hungarian, it's the english translation of the hungarian word "gulyás".
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray