Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2003, 10:11 AM   #11
MagiK

I know this really sucks for your friend, but everyone here should take a lesson about who you call friend and who you allow into your life, home and vehicle.

Or maybe Im just too cynical.

Old 01-23-2003, 10:22 AM   #12
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Oh, I second the thoughts on maiming the guy, enticing as that sounds. Remember, though, if you challenge him to a fight and he consents it's perfectly legal as far as I know (don't use weapons or the law gets fuzzy - plus I'm an American, so it could be waaayyy different).
Say it aint so, Timber!! Do you realy mean that they cant charge us with assault if we get into an arguent in a bar and choose to go out side and fight it out?!?! When did this happen?
Old 01-23-2003, 01:45 PM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

I said about the apeal, and it was a jury case.

Their is no point appealing, as a plastic bag doesn't contain fingerprints.

And cos he denys it, then its their word against his. So, they have go against Marc because it was his car. I know they cant do much else really. I know its not the laws fault, its just wrong.

And don't worry about the revenge aspect. Lol, it'll happen, it'll be well planned and he'll go down for a long time.

And about advertising, no1 knows I come on here anyway.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:48 PM   #14
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Lav, you may have been away when Z posted his thread on cussing recently, but he's asked us NOT to use the f-word or any variations such as your title. I'm going to fix it up for you as I think you might be offline now. (All I'm doing is a word change in your title.)
Oops, never saw it.

Sorry!
Old 01-23-2003, 01:56 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Lav, you may have been away when Z posted his thread on cussing recently, but he's asked us NOT to use the f-word or any variations such as your title. I'm going to fix it up for you as I think you might be offline now. (All I'm doing is a word change in your title.)
Oops, never saw it.

Sorry!
[/QUOTE]No worries. [img]smile.gif[/img] I figured you hadn't.

That darned monkey just cracks me up! I smile every time I see the little simian perv! LOLOL
Old 01-23-2003, 02:09 PM   #16
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I know this really sucks for your friend, but everyone here should take a lesson about who you call friend and who you allow into your life, home and vehicle.

Or maybe Im just too cynical.
This is a lesson most often leaned the hard way. Especially for the young. (read. naive and trusting)

There are a LOT of stories like this. The old saying about laying with dogs and rising with fleas comes to mind. Hopefully, something will come to light for an appeal. A timely blood test showing negative to narcotics/drugs would have been most helpful. If he couldn't provide that for obvious reasons, he was walking the fine line to begin with.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
Oh, I second the thoughts on maiming the guy, enticing as that sounds. Remember, though, if you challenge him to a fight and he consents it's perfectly legal as far as I know (don't use weapons or the law gets fuzzy - plus I'm an American, so it could be waaayyy different).
Say it aint so, Timber!! Do you realy mean that they cant charge us with assault if we get into an arguent in a bar and choose to go out side and fight it out?!?! When did this happen?[/QUOTE]Well, two aspects:
1. Criminal Law: depends on your state's statutory definition of a few possible-applicable laws: Assault, Battery, and perhaps Disorderly Conduct/ Disturbing the Peace. But, you must also know whether your state considers CONSENT a defense to these crimes.

2. Civil Side: CONSENT is an absolute defense to torts such as assault and battery. So long as there are reasonable bounds drawn on the consent. Punching someone in a flag football game is going farther than they consented. Punching someone in a fist fight is not.

How do you think boxing is legal?
Old 01-23-2003, 02:31 PM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Ok, I've waited a while to see how this panned out.Ive brought it up tonight as Ive been talking to him.

In March last year, my friend was driving and was pulled over for a random check. Passing a breath test, the officers stated they were going to search the people and the car, because his passenger was acting suspicious and looking nervous. Nothing was found on either body, but a large quanity of Heroin was found in the glove compartment on the passenger side.

They were both questioned, and both denied knowledge. My fried was then arrested with "possesion of a grade A drug with intent to supply" (it was a LARGE stash).

My mate Marc has clearly stated to the police that he doesn't know where the drugs came from, he doesn't do it, and would never deal it. He now knows it is his friends, who shoved it there trying to hide it.

The case went to court, with Mark as the sole defendant. Although advised to plead guilty, he refused and pleaded innocent. He was found guilty by jury this year on the 1st. His sentencing is on the 31st of this month, and he will his solicitor states minimum of three years.

Ok, firstly this is so wrong its untrue. He's such a nice lad. IMPO, he will get about 8 years. Heroin is by far the worst drug to get caught doing, ESPECIALLY if they think your dealing.

Even though he's told the police it is his friends, as his mate has denied it, they have to prosecute him as he is the driver. Now that is so *expletive deleted* awful. Nobody understands how mad I am. He is going to prison for someone else, he didn't even know he did drugs.

Now, fair enough, they cant prove they were the friends, as he denied it. But they weren't Marks, and it's just a legal loophole that has landed Mark in tons of shit. He's been found guilty of "Possesion of a Grade A drug with Intent to supply". And because its heroin, it's gonna be a major sentence. As I stated, I reckon he's looking at 8 years in High security.

Surely something should have been done.

I'll say this much, as soon as I can drive again, that friend best watch his back, as he won't be able to walk very far ever again, And if the police find something on his body when they find him lying there, I won't be to blame.
He's lucky he's not in Malaysia or Thailand. He would be executed for that. Another case for the argument against the death penalty.

Anyhow, that is really tough luck. I wouldn't be counting his "mates" as friends at all. THat is the worst thing a friend could do. Hopefully someone will convince these guys to speak the truth and not let their so-called buddy take the fall for them.

The problem isn't with the judicial system, but with the "friends" who are lying.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-23-2003, 02:38 PM   #19
Lavindathar
Harper

They've not spoke since. I think he was more of an aquantaince than a mate.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:38 PM   #20
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
For the revenge angle,there are a few things to say.

#1 Dont advertize you want to beat him. If people know you want him dead they will point the cops in your direction!!

#2 Dont be seen. Make sure you can get him alone, even if you just follow him into the bathroom at the local pub.

#3 Do it right. You get the same jail time for punching him in the stomach as you do for breaking all of his ribs. Assault is assault, so make the most of your legal wiggle room.

#4 If you do it , DONT brag about it. It causes the same problems as #1. Just act shocked when you hear about it.

#5 Deny all allegations. Who will the cops believe? You or a drug dealer?
Hunter this is a rather disturbing post mate. For starters, two wrongs don't make a right. Secondly a revenge attack just invites a counter revenge attack. (See Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Serb-Croat war, North-Irish "troubles" for details.) It's better to just walk away. What goes around comes around. You can't go around slinging crap on people without it sticking to you.

http://www.hughwilson.com