Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-21-2000, 01:24 PM   #1
Travis

I'm at the start (in the Crypt) and have some questions..

1. Where do I get a guild for my Thief?

2. Near the end of the game, does leveling become impossible? Or does the exp necessary to gain a level cap off, so it's possible to make 'super' characters?

3. Does leveling a few times before returning to your guild cause missed quests and opportunities? Currently my characters are levels 2-4. And the only quests I've completed are the Skulls, Rat Pie, and first Warrior guild quest..

4. Are these Anhks that permanently raise stats equipped items? Or do you use them once and they raise a stat?

5. I spent a lot of time rolling high stat characters and already a few of them are eligable for role ascension. In the long term, isn't it better to keep them at their current role until they develop their unique skills (ie Vine magic for priests)?

Thanks for any answers.

Old 10-23-2000, 08:07 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thieves guild is the pawn shop in Ishad N'Ha
Don't know about the experience/leveling
The secret to quests when you have completed them is to go to whomever gave you the quest and wait while the NPC gets around to talking to you about having completed the quest.
I've found it more useful to change classes early.

Wyv
Old 10-23-2000, 08:42 AM   #3
jklame

Experience leveled off in the old wizardry games so I'm guessing that you won't have too much difficulty creating very high level characters. Unfortunately I'm suspecting that the game itself is easy enough that you'll quickly get tired of wandering around gathering experience and decide to just go ahead and win instead.

The only opportunity you miss out on by leveling multiple times at once is extra training at the various guilds. However, unless you employ some sort of cheat, you're not very likely to have enough gold to take advantage of training at every level so I wouldn't worry about it.

You use the ankhs once and they raise a stat. (I've never tried to equip them, does that work too?). However, if the stat is a trainable one, I wouldn't use them until you have trained to a value of 20.

I held onto my priest until she reached level 7 in vine and my wizard until she reached level 7 in stone. I kept my rogue as is until level 13 (for no particular reason) but moved my warriors to barbarian, ranger, and paladin as soon as I could (level 3 or there abouts). As it turns out, my former rogue is now my best character by far.

Hope that helps.
John