Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2000, 09:56 PM   #11
ironfist

yeah, you have to use Jaheira's advantages as a fighter/druid,
In my game she has a -10 AC and uses a +5 sling with a gauntles
of ogre power, makes her a great ranged fighter, plus her excellent
druid spells. In my opinion she is the most complex npc in the whole game.
If you dont have her it's a pity...

Old 12-16-2000, 10:48 PM   #12
Magness
Quintesson

I agree with ironfist. Jahiera tanks up well. So what if she can't make full use of the strength enhancing sling! it's not the best sling anyways. Give me the +5 sling any day! It doesn't need any ammo!!! Arm her with the Blackblood +3 club or the +2 Belm scimitar (+1 extra attack), the +5 sling, and the fortress shield and you have a very capable 3rd fighter!!! At least that's how I use her.

Oh, ad by the way, Insect Plague is a major kick-ass anti mage spell!!! And her ability to summon Fire Elementals and (later) earth Elementals is better than those that any mage can summon. (I like my summoned elementals to be under my complete control without having to wait an extra round to bring them under control.)
Old 12-17-2000, 01:34 AM   #13
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Jaheira does rock for all the reasons mentioned so I wont deliberate further on her.
Another point against Cernd as a Greater WW aside from what Armisael mentioned is that his AC sucks big time and there isn't anything you can really do about it. Even as a GWW he is going to take alot of damage, whereas Jaheira with a -10 or -11 AC doesn't get hit very often.
Old 12-17-2000, 05:30 AM   #14
G.W.

Well, I'll try keep Jaheria in one of the parties and dropping Minsc for Edwin or something. That'd be a party of neutrals and evils only.

Old 12-17-2000, 07:33 AM   #15
cleric

Jaheria is great.
She is the leader of my party.I think shes the best leader you can have becouse she haves a 15 charisma and party npc likes a high charisma leader , and jaheria is only one fighter with a high cha.
And my Jaheria has a Spear of the unicorn and does around the 15 damage a turn , most times more then 15 and she haves a Ac of -18 !!!.And if she cast spells I let cast her most times call lightning our heal spells.But the 18 ac is nothing with the -20 of my loveley Aerie.And jaheria is a nice Npc , she is a little bit my Mother.

G.W. Druids are better if they are multy our dual classed , and Jaheria can shapeshift too , in a bear and brown bear and wolf , these are not the strongest , but its better then nothing.

Jaheria is Cool , string and you can have interesting conver. with her without falling in love.

Old 12-17-2000, 07:34 AM   #16
cleric

I mean strong .

Old 12-17-2000, 07:42 AM   #17
Melusine
Dracolisk

Maybe it's just me but please tell me this: How the **** do you get an AC of -20????????????????????????? Well or even -18 for that matter. The best I ever got was somewhere around -10
Old 12-17-2000, 09:12 AM   #18
Armisael

If a blade uses a combination of maxed dexterity, armour spells, bladesinger chain and a defensive spin, you can get their AC down to around -15. But it's impossible for Aerie's AC to get anywhere near -20. Even with all the spells in the book, the best armour she can wear is the robe of Vecna, no shield, no helm. With about a minute's weaving time and the best equipment available, she might get her AC down to about -10 if she's lucky, but I'd doubt even that.

Old 12-17-2000, 09:20 AM   #19
Adhrael

I think armor is too low in this game. Ive just started playing with my sorceror (i have spent 10 days 17 hours in game-time) and ive already AC -4 !! which is pretty fine for a mage I think. All of my characters have already AC 0 or less except edwin. But maybe its right cause i hope i will find level +15 enemies, maybe level 20 so IŽll need a good AC.

Old 12-17-2000, 09:22 AM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Yes when I'm referring to AC I mean the permanent AC, so not the one you get when you cast this or that spell. So just with items, what's the lowest AC you can get?