Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-13-2002, 04:21 PM   #1
Christopneuma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have completed IWD and installed how and busy d/l TOL , should i restart IWD or shoulld i move on to HOW , problem bieng one i am not certain on how to get charcters from iwd to HOW after killing polequin
Christopneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 04:42 AM   #2
Dragen Vonrack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's two different ways how to go around your problem, either 1. Export all the charters you want, and start the Expansion pack, and then import thenm back in or.
2. bring up a older save file,eg before you meet Polequin, and go to Kuldahar, there a house will be now unlocked after installing HOW I think its the house close to the little old bridge on the west side of Kuldahar. go in there and talk to a man in there he'll talk about some sort of destiny and only you can help ok.

hope that helps.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:03 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoilers within:

Do you have any saves from IWD? The most useful would be one right after destroying the idol. From there, you can stash the badges, and go to Kuldahar, talk to Hjolldar and start HOW.

Since you are downloading TotLM, one tip: You start ToL by talking to the halfling man in the Inn in Lonelywood - if you want to do everything from start to finish (IWD thru TOL), then make sure you talk to this guy BEFORE you go to the sea of moving ice! Once you do that, there is NO way back to Lonelywood. So it is essential that you initiate TOL before then. When you complete TOL, you are returned to Lonelywood and can resume HOW.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 10:20 AM   #4
Irongrinder

Just make sure your party has a high enough level, does in TotL aren't wimps.
Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 10:26 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For that matter, Hjolldar won't even teleport you to Lonelywood to start HOW unless you meet minimum level requirements (lvl 9 i think). EVERY party member has to exceed 9th level, not just the average of the group.

I think Hobart won't let you start ToL unless your average level is above 12 (but I need to double check that).

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 10:28 AM   #6
Irongrinder

EDIT: forgot to read the last line of your post, stupid me!!

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Irongrinder ]

Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote