Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-14-2001, 08:19 AM   #1
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

OK, what's the deal with the spells in IWD? Just as an example, a lot of stuff on the net refers to "fireballing" somebody. I never found fireball, or a lot of the other spells in the manual. Is it just random which spells you get? I've visited the little guy in the towerin Khandahar as high as a 14th level Mage, and he keeps saying that some spedlls might not be suitable for me.
-Galadria, a proud member of Keldorn's Order
"Galadria is ready, prepare Irenicus!"
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 11:50 AM   #2
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

Most of the decent spells are found in the various dungeons - you've just got to make sure that you search everywhere. I agree though having a high level mage with lots of empty spell slots, or useless spells stinks.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:12 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hm, I've always found "Fireball" in the Snake Head in the first level of Dragon's Eye...the one where the Lizard King is. I've been able to find loads of spells in the various chests, etc., in the game. I remember that Severed Hand had a load of spells, and so did Wyrm's Tooth and Lower Dorn's Deep (Malavon's lair, for example, was flush in spells...some I already had.)

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 06:22 AM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Thanks, I'll look there, but I THOUGHT i did. (I,m always THINKING)
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:28 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Make sure you check back with the Wizard in Kuldahar OFTEN. His inventory of spells and items changes occassionaly during the game at Chapter changes.

As for fireball, I seem to recall finding it at Lizard Kings location as well.

SPOILER TO FOLLOW: (read down a ways)

Make sure you talk to the two "priests" at the beginning of 3rd(?) level (Level with the High Summoner) of Yuxonomei's dungeon. One of them has some spells to sell and if I remember right, one of those spells can ONLY be gotten there. Sorry that this is kind of vague but its been a while since I've been at that location.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote