Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 03-05-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
david_m11
Dungeon Master

I have finally completed BG1! I first started the game in December 1999 and 2.25 years later I have finally completed it. Admittedly the following have contributed to long delays in my progress: Work, Studying, Moving House and of course Durlags Tower!

Anyway, the game was brilliant and is the best RPG that I have played since Ultima 7. What enhances the experience is that there is an online community to share knowledge with and learn from.

It is now time for me to finally install BG2, believe it or not that game has been on myself for a year now! I guess that I will be migrating to the BG2 board soon so bye for now.

D.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:02 PM   #2
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

LOL! How Often Did You Play!?

Maybe You May Want To Try IWD, ToTSC Or DSOTSC Before You Play BGII!
Old 03-05-2002, 05:18 PM   #3
david_m11
Dungeon Master

I did play TotSC - I said that Durlags contributed to my delays.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

Stupid Beau!!!

IWD is defo good, I completed it today...I've also completed BG:TotSC twice..and I'm starting a DsoTSC game tomorrow, then after that I'll play BG2. It's in the end of my queue...
Old 03-05-2002, 09:04 PM   #5
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

I started my first game of BG1 with a ranger directly after the game was published in Germany. I played till chapter 4 and stopped then. I started again, when I got TotSC, played till chapter two or 3 and stopped again. I started the 3rd time, again as a ranger, when I bought BG2, because I wanted to transfer my char. This was the first time, I finished BG1 and TotSC. I then transfered the char in BG2 and played there till chapter 2. I stopped again. When TOB was released, I started again with BG1, this time with a Paladin, finished BG1, started BG2, where I am now at chapter 5. Unfortunatly, I cannot play for another 3 weeks (8 weeks without BG are just behind me). When I am back at home, I plan to start over again in BG1 with a mage/thief or a druid, I am not sure yet.
And, hopefully, this time I will finish the saga.

When not this time, then perhaps with the bard or fighter/cleric, I plan to bring through the saga next
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 10:43 PM   #6
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Nice coincidence. I finished my first BG1 game just few hours ago. It took me about three months and Im feeling good. (played ca. 4 hours at time and twice a week).

What do you guys think about the ending? On the other hand the scene of happenings was great, the whole story was great and there was the right feeling all the time, but on the other hand it was a bit disappointing being the game ended like rat´s flight after you´d taken enough life points away from Sarevok, while he was still standing on his feet and had his comrades around.

But I´m feeling good, and I´ve got left this warm feeling.. I want more games taking place at Sword Coast. I hope BG2 has as good athmosphere as this one.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:24 AM   #7
david_m11
Dungeon Master

I dont really have time to play IWD etc. Judging by my current performance it will be 2004 before I finish my first game of BG2.

I completed BG1 with the first character that I created - a human fighter. I think that I am going to ditch him for BG2 and start with a Paladin (Cavalier).
Old 03-06-2002, 08:32 AM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

My very first game I completed with was a Human Fighter!
Old 03-06-2002, 02:16 PM   #9
david_m11
Dungeon Master

quote:
What do you guys think about the ending? On the other hand the scene of happenings was great, the whole story was great and there was the right feeling all the time, but on the other hand it was a bit disappointing being the game ended like rat´s flight after you´d taken enough life points away from Sarevok, while he was still standing on his feet and had his comrades around.

The final battle was an anticlimax for me too (as was the ending of TotSC). I thought that they could have depicted something a bit more dramatic using the game engine rather than cutting to a video sequence. Minor niggle sfor an otherwise excellent game though!
Old 03-06-2002, 06:42 PM   #10
Rikter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The best game ending I've seen so far was in a
Nintendo game called Dragon Warrior. After you
finished the final quest, the game remained functional,
and you could walk around the whole world...and every
single character had a Congratulations dialog, each
telling you in a unique way how cool and mighty you were.

Hours of ego-stroking. My kind of ending.
Rikter is offline   Reply With Quote