Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-02-2003, 10:08 AM   #11
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, but where IS Zack. I mean, if he is at the glacier then that means you have to travel through the Ranger village and that makes all of them kill you. So do you have to slaughter all the rangers to get to the glacier to get the belladonna? Or is there a way to get there without making them hostile?
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #12
Nightowl2
Galvatron

As I mentioned before, you can intimidate the head guy into letting you pass through to the glacier. The panther lady can bring one person to see him. A character with good intimidation is best for this.

It's still going to be unpleasant. That's why, after the first couple of games, I decided to cheat.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 07:30 AM   #13
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry, Nightowl2, I completely missed that post! Must have scrolled too fast. But where is the head guy? Which one? Is it the panther or the one over the archway who turns hostile if you go near him? And how do you intimidate him, because I never got an option to threaten to tear the place apart to either of them.
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 04:38 AM   #14
Zbyszek

To intimidate you have just to have high (8?) Intimidate skill - you will get option in dialogue with that guy named I.., that you can slaugther his village if they will not let you pass.

I wonder what is really evil solution with this village. Since they cooperate with evil guys my Paladin decided to slaughter them all ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:55 AM   #15
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
Sorry, Nightowl2, I completely missed that post! Must have scrolled too fast. But where is the head guy? Which one? Is it the panther or the one over the archway who turns hostile if you go near him? And how do you intimidate him, because I never got an option to threaten to tear the place apart to either of them.
If you talk to the panther, you can request him to bring you to the head guy. But make sure you use a character with a high Intimidation already to talk to the panther, as he/she and he/she alone will be brought to that head guy to talk.
Oh, and if you don't have a high enough Intimidate skill, you're pretty much in trouble and will have to kill the entire village to pass to the next part. Or at least, that's what I had to do...
Old 01-26-2003, 10:23 AM   #16
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

well I had an all good party headed by a paladin with impeccable charisma and well skilled in the diplomatic arts, and the ranger people took an attitude with me so I slaughtered them all. I figured they were bad guys, besides, they're in league with werewolves. I also managed to loot the werewolves cave without them turning hostile (do it first time, pause as soon as you open it and you can take everything out while paused, then unpause to be warned off). I didn't kill the werewolf leader, because he was polite, and he has a store (and I never kill storekeepers if I can help it).

I also managed to find all ingredients and get the airship repair spell started before leaving the area at all. In fact I didn't even realise there was another way out until Oswald told me I wasn't going to ride in his lovely baloon again.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:18 PM   #17
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Actually, the rangers and druids aren't in league with the werewolves. It's just a matter of each side leaving the other alone. Besides, how can you complain about that and then leave the werewolf leader alive just so you can shop there?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote