Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
Christopneuma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fellow forumites

Previus posts i have said that TOL was a serious challenge and had a hard time whipping the luremaster and his associates...

I must retract...

After hacking and slashing my way thru HOW , I eventually get to that Dragon lass and boy oh boy oh boy ,did i recieve a serious lash , i mean her and her cronies gave me some serious stick , so once again i turn to the wisdom of my fellow forumites and implore that you once again help me with my dilemma ...

I remain humble
Christopneuma
Christopneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:53 PM   #2
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Go after her cronies, *then* her. If you've hack 'n' slashed your way this far, then you can do it yet one last time! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 04:27 PM   #3
Christopneuma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Problem is one , she turns me blokes into stone
Christopneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 06:12 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Protection from Petrification should help against that, or Magic resistance offers some general help

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 06:37 PM   #5
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My tactic was to drop a grease and a death fog on the cronies while my fighters whacked away at Isakky. My cleric stayed behind to heal the fighters. I didn't encounter the turning to stone thing.
Old 01-24-2002, 06:47 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Warboss, it's possible that your character(s) saved and you missed seeing the spell being cast - but then again I don't recall seeing that spell being cast either. On the other hand, at least two of my fighters were in Icassy's face wailing on her so she COULD have had that spell disrupted. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I went the death fog route as well, and added spike growth, web, Horrid Wilting, Incendiary cloud, and a bunch more! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 04:45 AM   #7
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

I too had real problems with this one, not helped by the lag on the network (it was multiplayer). In the end we went cheesy and powered up the druids static shock, cast invisibility on everyone except the mage/thief who triggered the encounter and then went invisible. Five minutes later we had one dead dragon, loads of smoking ally corpses and no party damage at all.