Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 11:20 AM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Question Mark

http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/...&articleid=711

Read the whole thing, it's very interesting.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

My fear of Arabs is at an all-time high... thanks to this article.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Be afraid.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm not really sure what to think, other than to note that our current security is a cluster.

I've been called aside for personal attention six times since all this started. Two of those times involved me stripping to my boxers.

In all cases I was travelling in uniform (either Summer White or Service Dress Blue) and under orders, which I showed to the supervising officer.

They always thought orders quite fascinating, and called in more and more supervisors to pass them around.

When not travelling under orders, I try my best to look as suspicious, unkempt, and discontented with society as possible, so as to avoid the notice of the screeners [img]smile.gif[/img]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:20 PM   #5
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Puts me and my hard-line liberal minded defense of personal and civil rights in my place...that's scary---but you have to admit, she wrote it to be scary, too...

hmm...still enough to keep me grounded.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:36 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
I'm not really sure what to think, other than to note that our current security is a cluster.

I've been called aside for personal attention six times since all this started. Two of those times involved me stripping to my boxers.

In all cases I was travelling in uniform (either Summer White or Service Dress Blue) and under orders, which I showed to the supervising officer.

They always thought orders quite fascinating, and called in more and more supervisors to pass them around.

When not travelling under orders, I try my best to look as suspicious, unkempt, and discontented with society as possible, so as to avoid the notice of the screeners [img]smile.gif[/img]
Isn't it funny, when travelling under orders you're supposed to be exempt from security checks (at least the more invasive ones) but I've never heard of a case where that convention has been observed.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #7
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

I fly only EL-AL company (our national one) it is 300% safe.
I have a very good solution of how we will solve the conundrum. Middle east citizens will fly only in their own country's planes. Let them bomb Saudi arabia airlines packed with 100% arabs, i can't care less (not that i have anything against them, i simply do not care). Every one that was born in middle east (or one of his ancetors was born there) is to be considered a citizen of middle east. I guarantee you that there would not be hijackings or bombs.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:49 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
~snip~Every one that was born in middle east (or one of his ancetors was born there) is to be considered a citizen of middle east.
I can almost guarantee that the majority of them consider themselves citizens of the middle east before any other national affiliation
Old 07-16-2004, 01:57 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I responded to the editor with this e-mail...

After reading your story, I wanted to share what I thought about the fourteen men. It is not entirely unfeasible to imagine that they could have been performing a test, carrying out actions and performing tasks that were innocent in itself, but then they could call back to their superiors and let them know that they had not been stopped in their odd behaviors. That would tell the future bomb-makers about how smoothly a future operation or terrorism might run. Does this theory make sense? See where I am going with it?

Larry

Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Old 07-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hey Black Baron, I note your "Arabs only fly Arab airliners" rule would put a lot of planes in the air being driven by -- Arabs. I think we'll pass on doing that here. The last time a lot of Middle Eastern men flew planes here, the results were shocking.