Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

ermmmmmmm

Quote:
A MAN who ripped out his wife's eyes in a fit of rage was sentenced by a French court to 30 years behind bars today.

Mohamed Hadfi, 31, tore out his 23-year-old wife Samira Bari's eyes following a heated argument in their apartment in the southern French city of Nimes in July 2003 after she refused to have sex with him.

Ms Bari, who had demanded a divorce before the attack, was permanently blinded.

Hadfi, a Moroccan, initially fled to Germany. He was finally arrested and sent back to France, where he was indicted for "acts of torture and barbarity leading to a permanent disability".

Prosecutor Dominique Tourette demanded that Hadfi be sentenced to 30 years in prison, two thirds of which must be served in full, calling the defendant a "diabolic torturer".

Once his sentence is served, Hadfi will be deported and barred from ever returning to France.

His lawyer Jean-Pierre Cabanes meanwhile insisted there were extenuating circumstances.

"This is the result of a marriage that was arranged, not chosen," he said, pointing to the gulf separating his client, who came from southern Morocco, and his young wife, who had grown up in France.

Mr Cabanes begged the jury for leniency, claiming his client's action "appeared to stem from a mental illness."
Saw and had to share....

EDIT: Changed URL

[ 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

................. Wow. I think taht was a bit extreme, but I guess poeple all take refusal for sex differently...

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Frightening. People like that have no place in society. Deportation ftw, exile the bastard.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Ripped out someones eyes? How? Those things don't come off easy.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Frightening. People like that have no place in society. Deportation ftw, exile the bastard.
Society is meant for people like that. The other kind don't need society.