Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
Driderqueen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi im an offspring of a father who oves that old show babylon5. i started to enjoy it because it resembles LOTR. Can anyone tell me if they also like it too?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Yes, my wife and I throughly enjoyed the show. It isn't on the air at the moment, but if it ever does we'll definitly watch again.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:16 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

All 5 seasons plus the movies are all available on DVD!!!

I love that show, one of the BEST ever. Well-made, well-acted, and very original- far more than just any average variation of a theme.

I've converted the entire series from DVD to MPEG4 and I occassionaly watch episodes at work on break on my PSP.

My first screenname here at IW was G'kar, but I lost that one to a strange twist of fate.

Love that show! Can ya tell! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 12:34 AM   #4
Griefmaker
The Magister

B5 is an awesome show--G'kar and Londo interactions are pure class! Definitely one of the best scifi shows to come out. If you are really big into CGI, though, the first couple of seasons may be a bit rough for you. Even my wife, who is as computer literate as the cat, commented on how the CGI looked quite fake.

However, I am one who couldn't give a rip about how things look. I care about content. If you are like that, then you will probably enjoy this show.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #5
Driderqueen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

do you notice how Delen cries? It's real funny. i though she only cried like that for B5 but when i saw the episode of Lost she was in, she cried like that! sorry if im being a little immature but I am only 15!
Old 10-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>As I always say: Babylon-5 is the best science-fiction show made thus far and it represents what Star Trek could have been had it been well-made. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

The early CGI is a little fake because MJS didn't have a great budget, from what I've read.

It's a shame Crusade didn't take off more than it did. However, I dislike what he did with the Psi-Corps--sorry, MJS, but mundanes would never be able to control a group of telepaths. If you give a section of a population psionic abilities that group will always wind up in control. But I digress.... [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

[ 10-19-2005, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote