Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I'm trying to supprise some of my D&D friends by DMing a Sword Of Truth game. I have a couple of hundred ideas, but I'd like to hear yours. Classes, rules, spells, items, anything that hits you.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:13 AM   #2
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

i can foresee a few problems...the well known classes are taken...ie. you can't have a war wizard or a confessor, heck i think most wizards might be hard to have!

but you have sorceresses, border guards (like chase,) seers, mord sith, and of course you can include some regualr d&d classes like fighters, soldiers, paladins etc.

i have a question tho....what kind of story will it be?
Old 11-18-2003, 05:31 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Firstly, there will be wizards and sorcerers as a class, rarely as an NPC and sometimes even as an enemy. These guys escaped the Palace of Prophets and joined either side. I've modified and made some new classes, added and removed spells and bended the rules. The player classes so far are: Boundary Warden(ranger/fighter), Wizard, Sorceress(only female), Mord-Sith(monk-based), Raug' Moss(cleric/monk), Fighter, Witch(druid-like), Paladin(divided into Paladins of Spirits, Paladins of the Wind which will be a paladin with some necro and cleric spells, Paladins of the Gift and the Forfeit, who are 'dead' untill justice is served and who must be chaotic), Thief, Assassin, Elite Guard(fighter-like), Healer(wizard with cleric spells), Mud Warrior(barbarian/ranger) and Prophet(diviner-like).
I need some ideas about the enemies' classes and species. I'll put in all the stuff mentioned in the books, but I need some advice on how to do it.
EDIT: Forgot about the dtory question. So far, the players will be a band of people who are seeking their in the war. They will all find themselves as part of a small army on Kern river, which is tasked with controlling and slowing the influx of soldiers and supplies into the New World. A seemingly simple mission of infiltration will call onto their unique talents and skills, and once inside an enemy encampment, they discover the plans of some high-ranking enemy officers to manipulate the events so some prophecies will come to pass. The group is drawned into stopping it.

[ 11-18-2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 11-19-2003, 01:49 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well obviously there will be fighters and such. Remember Blood of the Fold Book, wherein Elite Swordmasters (i forgot the names)? Mud fighters as well can come into the picture.

as for enemies. soceres, mages, fighters, shadows, (dragon?) can come into the picture.

can think of anything else right now. its been ages since ive read the books.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I'm having a dilemma about dragons, since they are very rare, and I don't think if they were wiped out by the chimes or not. There will be gars, mriswith and the like, but dragons are purely magical so... And about the shadows, how am I supposed to make a normal enemy who kills with touch. I am having serious doubts about that, seeing it as they are extinct and overpowered.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:39 PM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well i agree about that. they could be extict already. also prophets are rare as well. mordsiths are not that common located only in dhara.

it did occur to me that most of the solders of the enemy is mostly peasants hastily trained (low level fighters) and mages and socceres.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:44 PM   #7
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
it did occur to me that most of the solders of the enemy is mostly peasants hastily trained (low level fighters) and mages and socceres.
But there should be hundred of thousands of them. Dream walkers? Slides? positive only wizards?

How would you do wizards fire?

possible spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
What about those not affected by magic?

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 04:25 AM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I was thinking about adding the ungifted offspring of Rahl, with 100 magic resistance but that would also apply to heal spells, buffs and friendly magic. They could also be only non-spellcasters. Not even divine. About wizard's fire, I was thinking of something like Sol's Searing Orb, which will burn untill the target dies, or is dispelled. And now for the though question: Wizard's Life Fire. Speak!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:10 AM   #9
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

As far as the heal spells, you'll need to make someone a herbalist. Remember in one of the last villages, there was the super herb guy. That would make 100% magic resisatant characters cool.

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 01:14 PM   #10
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

The Raug'Moss will be a herbalist as well as a healing cleric, while the Healer will be the cleric with better spells.
There's been a development. I've decided to include various races. Haken, D'Haran, Westlander, Midlander, Old Worlder, Aged(from the palace of the prophets), Mud people and some other. Help me define them.I have some ideas, but I don't want to spoil yours with them.