Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 09:25 AM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

I've just been reading various articles, all opiniated, but, I wanted to ask this.

I know Bush won his elections in 2000 and 2004, but why do the Americans trust/like him so much?

The reason I ask, is everyone outside America seems to dislike him. In England, he is one of the biggest figures of riducule I can remember.

He got the war on Iraq completely wrong, in most of my countries opinion (as did Tony Blair might I add), but yet you still supported him during his last election?

I was just wondering why?

(I'm only asking cos we dont get to hear Americans opinions very much over here.)
Old 12-28-2004, 09:40 AM   #2
MagiK

Lav an honest answer for you.

A> Almost every Foreign Leader who has ever met with President Bush personally has commented on his honest sincerity.

B> Every time I watch him speak, I know he is saying what he honestly believes and actually unlike most politicians has "Core Beliefs"

C> I prefer a man who believes in something, states his beliefs and sticks with them rather than shifting his "beliefs" with every poll.

D> All those people out there in "foreign countries" who "hate him" don't really know anything about him. They are being swayed by others with agendas.

E> There are people here in the US who hate him, but they also have their agendas and are not willing to honestly comment on him in many instances....the irrational level of emotion from the political left here in the states is.....pretty high.

F> I don't "Love" the man, but I respect him...far more than Senator Kerry, just based on their voting records and on their political records.

G> I have my disagreements with President Bush, but all in all he represents the America I would like to see far better than his opponent did.

Kerry in my eyes represented a weak and subordinate United States that would be subservient to the UN.

Bush in my eyes represented a Strong United States and acts as a LEADER not a follower or a concensus builder or a "Global Test" person...the President of the US is supposed to be a LEADER, Strong and with convictions and core beliefs...thats why Bush won the 2004 elections by the way.

Thats the best I could do Lavi...hope it helps.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:53 AM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

It does help, thankyou.

But, all that we see in England comes from the media, and IMPO the English Media is biased against Bush.

I do believe however he is a leader, but do you not think that he made such a big mistake with Iraq, that he shouldn't be allowed to lead anymore?

He was so strong, and opiniated, that thousands of innocents died. Just because he wants to be a leader.

Fair enough, Saddam was caught, and he IS evil. But, we went after him thinking he had Nuclear weapons stored. Which he didnt. None was found, and the British goverment have had documents leaked saying that the documents leading to the war were false, and that England shouldn't have gone to war.

The main reason people in England seem to dislike him, apart from the Iraqi war, is that he seems to be :"not the most intelligent guy out there".

And, after what I've seen, I tend to believe the trend. He looks quite dumb.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:29 AM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I like Bush and have voted for him three times (once for Governor of Texas) in addition to what MagiK said, he is courageously carrying on the war against Islamofascism by carrying the war to the enemy, not letting him carry it on, here. As for the war in Iraq, I disagree highly that he "got it all wrong." The point was to take out Saddam. Everybody knew there would be an insurgency, that's what you get after an ideological war. Who wants a stable, totalitarian Iraq? Mistakes have been made and the enemy has had his (small, sneaking) victories, but as Moltke said, no plan survives contact with the enemy.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:08 AM   #5
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

While i don't like Bush because of his actions,

finding no nukes in Iraq

carrying Islamofacism into the states with racial profiling

lying about why he wanted to go into Iraq

going into Bahgdad

not trying to even negotiate with Korea to drop the missles

maximum security around the Ministry of Oil in Iraq, even more security than that around the Embassy

staggering deficits

tax breaks that put more pressure on the workforce of tomorrow

I also don't like little flimsy candidates that sway with the slightest breeze. Thats why i like Raush Limbaugh [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Im kidding, I like Nader, but he's a wasted vote, because he's independent.

[ 12-28-2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:20 AM   #6
Thoran
Galvatron

I didn't vote for Bush, but if Bush or Kerry had been my only choices I would have. I believe he's far more sincere, a better leader, and a better representative of our country and its values than Kerry would have been (unless you think fringe social groups define our countries values, in which case Kerry would be the way to go! [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

If the Dem's had put up a viable moderate candidate I would have voted Dem (Bush has made a LOT of mistakes) but they didn't.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:33 AM   #7
coyote696
The Magister

YES Bush has made mistakes, and yes the coalition did not find any nulrs in Iraq.

the liberal media in this country has focused on this since the war started. these are true, but nukes were not the only reason for going, it wa WMD's and even though they were not found intact all the ingredients to make the chemical wmd's were found. However the media did not report this like they should, everyone in the world community knows he has had them and he has used them he gassed the kurdish people of his own country right after desert storm.

I like Bush cause he sticks to his Ideals and morals and he is not bending over backwards so that the liberal media will report nice things about him.

[ 12-28-2004, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: coyote696 ]
Old 12-28-2004, 11:58 AM   #8
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

The removal of Saddam Hussein has been a point on the Presidential Agenda since at least George Bush, Sr was president - and perhaps as far back as Reagan's Administration.

Bush, Jr. never told an outright lie about Saddam Hussein and his alleged connections to Osama bin Laden. But he DID mention the two concurrently as often as possible so that the American Public formed it's own "connection" between the two. Yes, it was somewhat misleading, but it was not an outright lie - nor was it without substance to back it up. Evidence has been found that bin Laden and Hussein DID have contact with each other at various times. And it is naive' to believe that Iraq is the ONLY country in the Mid-East that did NOT support bin Laden and his actions. Whether that support was moral only or if it took a more concrete form is debatable. The two men certainly did NOT agree when it came to religious ideology - so Saddam may not have provided funding to Osama - but don't doubt for a minute that he didn't approve of his actions.

As stated before, WMD's were not the ONLY reason given for going to War in Iraq. And while none were found intact, it is well known that Saddam did have them and used them in the past. He also had a lot of time to move the weapons out of the country if he had wanted to.

Why do I like President Bush, I would have to point to MagiK's post. His reasons mirror my own - and were stated much more succinctly than I could have done.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:36 PM   #9
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

D> All those people out there in "foreign countries" who "hate him" don't really know anything about him. They are being swayed by others with agendas.

E> There are people here in the US who hate him, but they also have their agendas and are not willing to honestly comment on him in many instances....the irrational level of emotion from the political left here in the states is.....pretty high.

You almost had me fooled untill these statments.

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Kerry in my eyes represented a weak and subordinate United States that would be subservient to the UN.

Bush in my eyes represented a Strong United States and acts as a LEADER not a follower or a concensus builder or a "Global Test" person...the President of the US is supposed to be a LEADER, Strong and with convictions and core beliefs...thats why Bush won the 2004 elections by the way.
The USA should be subservient to the UN, your on a power trip if you think your president should be a world leader rather than just a national leader.

Enviromenalsts hate him because of the poloicys he supports relating to pollution controls.

Pro choice groups have good reason to disklike him, over the whole world because of his core ideals limiting aid from the US.

I could go on and list all the way's he's a poor leader, like the way he's used 11/9 to gain more popular support, focused the country on fighting another to take eyes off his poor choices and problems at home.

He's a good leader, good for the rich, good for the "faithful"..

I'll end my rant there.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

Excellent post Q'alooaith.