Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-19-2001, 02:27 AM   #1
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi again all... quick questions regarding guilds, classes and levelling for a newbie... my characters are currently all around level 2-3, and i'm not sure how to proceed w/ their development; i'd like to pump them up as much as i can while still poking around the earlier area's of the game, so should i put them on bogus role-changing training so they can gain access to each others guilds? i have 3 warriors, 1 rogue, 1 priest, and 1 magicuser... i know my rogue and magician cant get any guild action until the next town (right?) but my warriors could gain access to the priest guild and pump up some, yes? and after getting guild membership for them go back to the warriors guild and cancel the role changing? after all i've read here in the forum it sounds like i have to be very careful when dealing w/ the characters roles, or can lock them out of cooler options down the line... any tips or tactics greatly appreciated, thanks!
daiSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 09:57 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi daiSho!!!

It is an excellent idea to have your characters join as many, if not all, the possible guilds by using the "not really role/class changing method". This can be a bit expensive for early characters but will be well worth it in the long run.
Another useful bit of information is that within "one" game you cannot change a character back to a class they previously held BUT if you reset the adventures (start a new game with the same characters) you can. Upon resetting, the new game only registered the character's current class. This opens up possibilities of changing back and forth between various classes to gain access to more guilds and learn more skills/spells.
I believe there is a pretty good outline of this plan in the BEST TIPS thread.

Don't fret too much about the development of your characters and their classes. There are always many options open to them as you proceed through the game. Play around in the game for a while and then consider resetting the adventures once you feel comfortable with what is going on.

Do note that there is a limit to how many skills that can be displayed in the character screen. The result can be that some skills (your characters will still have them) will scroll off the screen and you will not be able to increase them. You do not necessarily want to try to get every skill available.
Give preference to increasing those skills in the bottom rightmost area of the list as these will be the first to scroll off the screen as you add more skills.

Hope that wasn't too confusing!!
Keep us posted on how you are doing!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 02:36 PM   #3
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thx for the concise clarification, wyvern... i was getting nervous about proceeding, not wanting to take a chance of painting myself into a corner! have a good one...
daiSho is offline   Reply With Quote