Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-04-2001, 05:25 PM   #1
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday morning (it kinda sucks that life keeps invading on the fun I'm having here! How am I ever gonna get me some blue stars at this rate???). I completely understand the grief your friend must be feeling. I've never had that happen to one of my cats...I can't have cats anymore, I've been too allergic to them since my twenties but I always had them before . We had a little dog who had a stroke, though. We kept her for a day after it happened because our vet assured us she could be rehabilitated, but after that we decided (rightly so) that keeping her like that was too cruel...My ex couldn't bear to take her in (he loved her even more than I did!) so I took her in to have her put to sleep...The thing is, I think she knew what was coming and, though I'm not really the 'beleive in heaven' kind of person, I'm sure to this day that she's in a better place. Also, she will always live on in my heart! I guess people who don't have pets might not understand that they are indeed family members and the grief for their loss is as real and intense as it is for the loss of any other family member. But, like other grief, it becomes more bearable and healing from it is remembering that 'person' and all they were to you and appreciating the time (short with pets) you did have them with you....Now I'm all misty-eyed too! Anyhow, I'm glad I could make you smile at such a time...I had a lot of fun writing that post too!

(For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, check here:
Man or Lady? )

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 05:41 PM   #2
Stealthy

Evening LadyRae. Cool site you have by the way, grabbed a few things, thanks. Spambringer, Charlie and Turbovee are multiplayinfg I think.

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-04-2001, 05:51 PM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

LadyRae, I know that your post wasn't directed to me, but I just wanted to say that you are one really special lady. I had a similar experience with a puppy I got when I was young, maybe 10 or 11. Even then, I understood that he was getting sicker and sicker. There wasn't anything we could do, but to let him try to live. I helped ease his suffering as much as I could. Kept petting him and playing with him (when he wanted to play) and showing him as much love and affection as I could until he let out his last gasp of breath and turned those sad brown eyes away in death. He lived for six months. It affected me greatly. I knew he was gonna die, and I knew there wasn't a dam* thing that I could do about it. But I understood mercy. Before that, I didn't have any clue. I'm an animal lover. Basically, anything living kind of lover. Except maybe insects. People have asked me if I am a cat person or a dog person, but really, I'm an animal person. It was hard watching him die. I buried David in our backyard, cause even though his stay with me was really short, he was family. I called him David, cause I knew he was a fighter. Just like the one that brought down his giant. He lived longer than anyone ever expected.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-04-2001, 06:21 PM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Seeing as all my spamming pushed this one way down,
BUMP

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-04-2001, 06:30 PM   #5
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Garsh, Tobbin, thanks! You're pretty awesome yourself!

Stealty, you too, for the feedback. I've gotten a lot of really positive feedback on LeeZone since I joined up here...Hmmmm (here you see LadyRae's wheels turning as she thinks about the post she's gonna do titled something blatant like "What do you think of my website???" or "LeeZone...Feedback wanted!"...and she wanders off in what seems like a daze before either of you can even respond...)

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 06:51 PM   #6
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Hey, you spammers! good thing I was sitting right here or my poor little post would have drowned! (grumble)

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 07:01 PM   #7
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

*sob*
these stories about puppies *sniff*

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-04-2001, 07:08 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Vicotnik - I'm watching you! You are sliding into Magister with a fury now! I guess I'll wait, mmmm, about 5 minutes, and you'll be there!

Hi LadyRae!

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 07:55 PM   #9
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LadyRae (or anyone who knows) what is you site? I haven't seen the address anywhere. Enquiring minds want to know! thanks

BK
________
PLYMOUTH GTX HISTORY

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-21-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-04-2001, 08:02 PM   #10
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

------------------