Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-30-2001, 03:35 PM   #21
oldbittercraig
Elminster

agreed- mind flayers and beholders (don't have the patch)...
Old 08-30-2001, 03:43 PM   #22
thug
Welcomed New User

Demon knights. I have only seen them in the underdark, but they have a resonably powerful attack and they level drain.
Old 08-30-2001, 03:48 PM   #23
Neb
Account deleted by Request

1) Kangaxx, needless to say why, anyone who has fought him will know

2) Golems, magic immunity, weapon immunity, need I say more?

3) Vampires, they can level drain and charm, annoying as hell.
Old 08-31-2001, 05:42 AM   #24
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

personally I don't mind beholders with or without shield. They go down quick under heavy atttack and petrify can be reversed (deathspell is your only worry) I hate mindflayers, I sent my monk in with mirror image, I figured that would stop their attack... it didn't and I died straight away (intelligence 3, don't ask, I don't like rerolling)...
Old 08-31-2001, 06:49 AM   #25
Link
Jack Burton

The only thing i hate is the creature that's called the Little Brother. Any of you ever encountered them? They have this vicious attack, which is called the Quick Save Overwrite. They delete all your quick- and other saves, and then run for it. Hidious creatures.. When i see them, well, then only the all powerfull God can stop me...

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name?

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 08-31-2001, 09:09 AM   #26
tusitha

Hi.

I agree with most of the people here... Mind Flayers are truly the most horrifyingly annoying monsters I had the misfortune of playing against. I found by far the best way was to get them one at a time and hit them hard with my tanks. My paladin dual weilding Celestial Fury and Daystar can make short work of them in no time, provided he doesn't die of intelligence drain first. Sending in cannon fodder in the form of Fire Elementals and mindless skeletons works well too, that's how I managed to clear the secret Mind Flayer base in the sewers under the temple district with a fairly low level party.

Second place goes to our beloved vampires, don't you just love it when they cast level drain? And the only person who can cast Lesser Restoration is a cleric... forcing long trips to the nearest temple when said cleric is not in your party. Oh so much fun! By the way, I'm not a fan of Negative Planar protection since it affects one party member and lasts for a short while.

Lastly would have to be da liches, the grand daddies of annoying mages. Kangaxx in particular. Their time-stop spell is especially frustrating, but fortunately they waste such a perfect opportunity to really screw up the whole party. I noticed they prefer to cast Death Spell and True Sight during time-stop which IMO is useless, but that makes it better for us then.....

Later.

------------------
Tusitha R. Jayatunge
====================

Old 08-31-2001, 09:30 AM   #27
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Hey Starkiller, illithids and mind flayers are the same, just so ya know. ^_~* I must say, the most annoying ones would have to be lichs (and their "higher levels", u know, like how kangaxx likes to transform into a higher level... -_-;. next would be mind flayers, and then vampires. Vampires are more of a nusiance, really. Anybody know if those vampire stakes really do work? How do you use them, like knives?

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-31-2001, 07:31 PM   #28
Sorcerer toli
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Shadow dragons are THE most annoying, they do the "shadow dragon breath" and level drain you,they knock you out with their wings and they destroy anything you summon,they have LOTS of magic resistance and they deal pretty much damge on their own,the also confuse your party and have natural resistance to noremal weapons and they can cast protection from magic weapons.
Old 08-31-2001, 10:27 PM   #29
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well since this is a BG poll I wont say Pillsbury Dough Boys

So I will say....

GIBBERLINGS!!!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 09-01-2001, 12:36 AM   #30
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually mindflayers can be easily beaten with a good thief and a lot of invisibility spells, potions, rings etc. I just backstabbed my way through..if you have a thief/mage its even easier> use the Staff of the Magi and backstab your way through.
I really hate beholders and gauths though..they are impossibly tough to kill without using the Cloak of Mirroring or the Shield of Balduran..I dont know how people get past them.

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy