Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burni...nd-spells.html
Old 08-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

I'm loving the mage spells and talents. Looks like the arcane tree got a little boost so maybe people will start investing points there again. Invisibility isn't as good as I was hoping it would be, but it's there so at least I have an escape now.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

*An* escape? You got a bunch. Frost nova-> Blink ftw. And if you think invisibility is good, look at the "Help I'm Running Away" talent called Blazing Speed. Good stuff.

From the Lock's side I'm totally fanboi about this. Looks good. Threat reduction spell, new Fel Armor to increase pewpewpew. Look at Seed of Corruption -- totally wicked for PVP. Evil, almost. And Ritual of Souls is gonna be a raiding Lock's godsend -- make a HS well and let people take from its pool instead of the annoying pattern of summon HS/trade, summon HS/trade, etc. etc. It does suck that we have to spec a 41 point talent to get a new pet.

[ 08-28-2006, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 08-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Frostnova -> Blink only works if both of those are off cooldown, and in a battleground I often need to use Blink as soon as it's up to get out of HoJ or some Nelf Rogue's stun. Frost nova is also something I often use to root people while I blast them with Blastwave and CoC, so it's rare that I have both available to me. And they don't often help since by the time I've finished casting, the ACs have loaded me up with snares or fears.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I'm just saying that Blizz realizes mages need to not get hit and gives them a crapton of escape mechanisms. Depending on build, mages have, off the top of my head:

Ice Barrier
Ice Block
Frost Nova (what is the CD on this, like 0.002 seconds IIRC)
Blink
Cone of Cold (slowing target = escape)
Frostbold (again, slows)
Blazing Speed talent
Sheep
Slow (another awesome new talent)
and, finally, yes, Invisibility.

Pretty good stuff.

And if you're always using frost nova to root and then blast, you've made your decision to give up your nova-->blink escape. You could try cone of cold to slow them rather than nova as a root.

Hey, at least you're not running around spamming AE like so many crappy mages I keep seeing in BGs.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hmm, some nice boosts to the rogues, but nothing too special...

I'll tell you what though, dual wielding shamans sound quite scary....
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #7
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Slow, Ice Barier, Ice Block, Blazing Speed, and sheep are all either talents or situational. Though I'll admit I'm an elementalist so a lot of these will be available to me, they are not necessarily good escapes. Slow I will probably not even get. Ice barier wil let me survive maybe 2 hits. Ice Block isn't an escape, in fact, from my experience it is the only AOE PvP Taunt in the game and is rarely resisted as such. Sheeping someone will be difficult, if you're trying to run away from them, then you probably don't have enough health to survive casting sheep. And Cone of Cold I do use sometimes to excape, but only against melee classes since it's not like casters need to move to hurt me. Even Melee have some sort of ranged attacks to pick ff whatever health I have remaining.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Ice Block isn't an escape, in fact, from my experience it is the only AOE PvP Taunt in the game and is rarely resisted as such
[img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img] You owe me a monitor cleaning.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Hmm, some nice boosts to the rogues, but nothing too special...

I'll tell you what though, dual wielding shamans sound quite scary....
DW is overrated IMHO. Nothing can beat a good hefty 2-hander. I for one won't be taking it on my shammy.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #10
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Hunters: Coming soon

*growls angry*

I saw these (or what I assume are these) on curse-gaming a few days ago. "Accidental leaks", yeah right.