Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-12-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

At long lasts!! I finished the darn game. And spoils throughout the games

here are some comments about the game:

-the Dynni Merchant is such a SCRIMP! At the last part of the game (with the true names and all that stuff which can get pretty expensive, I bought several things with the quarry guy master (which he had some good stuff so I thought I wont need my money anymore.. WRONG!!) I needed close to around 700,000 in gold for the one special true name and I only had like 90+ thousand in gold. I sold all my special items and he still gives me 15,000 each although i know its worth at least 50,000+ (and with the quarry master its worth 50,000 btw, so you know where to sell high). I sold every micellenous items, spells components, potions, gems, boots, armor, weapons, bombs, armor components, even my magic bag... which left me bare naked already except the stuff I was wearing. With my companions as well.. and thank goodness I was able to reach that amount with 500 gold to spare [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

- I loved the drow battle defending the city, it was so much fun!! With the golems and all!! wheee

- There were some confusing parts in the game.. like the mimic and puzzle quest.

- I hated battling the guardians of the path (last part of the game) especially the one with the improved invisibility, damage resistance and damage reduction. Heck i couldnt even touch him. Good thing I had a special Paladin and also, I since I was a shapeshifter, I just petrified him [img]tongue.gif[/img] . and bashed him to bits. But even though he was petrified I still missed him 90% percent of the time.

- Overall I loved the way they did it although it was already more like a Throne of Bhall type of game since your nearly Godlike stats already. I do love the cinematic options and the people look so real now. Now they have to do the work of animating thier head while taking instead of nodding all the time .

- I never finished some parts of the game such the maker, beholders in the underdark ( i could never solve for the bridge part)

- I could not believe that being a shapeshifter had so many advantages in different parts of the game. I used all of the shapeshifting abilities at least once and each had thier own advantages and weakness. just a personal comment about that one. I do need help though because I do have question about when can you be able to shapeshift to dragon, contruct and outside shift. I have a wisdom of 18 and level 17 in shapeshift already (level 5 druid, and cleric as well). I have been waiting but the feats havent come out yet. Anyone help me on this one?

- There were so many wonderful items in the game that makes my items in SOU and NWN seem like childsplay. Dont you think it was a little overpowered in a way? I mean I have great items that Im permanently hasted with 20+ resistance in all elemental forms, have +8 str.. +5-10 chr, +3 to wis.. +8 to regeneration, immune to fear and knockdown.

- What does keen do anyway to your weapon?

- I loved deekims.. I had him in undertide which was so much fun .

- I do have some questions. Can someone tell me WHAT would have happened If I wake up the sleeping dude also let drow girl meet him. What happens in the ending of that one.

- What is the use of knowing the true names of the other people?

- Can anyone tell me what happened in the ending of the other henchmen, like Linu, sharwyn, tomi and valen?

- At the end game, I saw deekims having str of 28 I think.. My god.. thats a strong little kobold. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Post your own comments as well and of course answers to my questions if possible.

[ 01-12-2004, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:48 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

The beholder bridge is easy enough. Even if you can't decode the symbols, just pay attention to the pattern of the words and what moves when you press what.

Dragon Shape is an Epic feat. The prereqs are - 21st level, 6 wildshapes/day or greater wildshape IV, 30 WIS.

Keen increases your critical threat range, making you more likely to score criticals against most enemies.

Drow Girl? If you mean the sensai, shes a githzerai. And shes nuts, shes gone and built up a religion around this guy (which he dosent really appreciate) and dosent take kindly to you waking him up. (If you mean naytherra, I dont recall any specific dialogue between them)

Other peoples true names let you command them to do things. Im not sure what you can do specificaly though, I was somewhat strapped for cash at that point.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:01 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Drow Girl? If you mean the sensai, shes a githzerai. And shes nuts, shes gone and built up a religion around this guy (which he dosent really appreciate) and dosent take kindly to you waking him up. (If you mean naytherra, I dont recall any specific dialogue between them)
no i meant your only drow (henchman) girl. for some wierd reason she turns out to be sleeping dudes one true love. (I found that out by reloading and trying different stuff with my 500,000 gold

remember the ending of HOTU? wherein they say what happens to what characters? well I was just wondering what happens if Drow Henchman Girl and planatar meet and the ending of it..

Catch me if you can..
Old 01-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Nathyrra is only the sleeping man's true love if she is in your party when you are speaking to the knower of names.

The dialogue between them is pretty funny - well you know how drow females can be - if you want to be spoiled SPOILER COMING UP -

she gives him a slap and tells him to sling his hook, then says that he's fun and she might keep him

The other alternatives for the Sleeping Man's true love are Aribeth if she is in your party, and I think if you have neither of them then the knower of names says it is the Sensai (who you killed earlier).
Old 01-12-2004, 06:46 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It can also be you if you character is female.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:14 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

oh alright.. thanks for the info.. im doing round two with my same character for HOTU. Its so fun!

Catch me if you can..