Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-30-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
GForce

Hi everyone. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Wondering what the differences are? I had an Xbox version but now that the GOTY version is coming for Xbox, I was thinking of getting this game again. Never played the expansion so it would be refreshing to play something new on Morrowind. So basically I just want to decide between Xbox or PC. Thanks a bunch for your generous input.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:21 PM   #2
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

the major differences are
1.PC can have patches to fix problems
2.PC can have Mod that other people ahve made, and you can make them yourself.
3.some find the PC controle system easier, although, not all do.
4. depending on your PC's specs the X-box will quite likely have better graphics unless you have a kick ass graphics card in your PC.

there the only differences i know of.
Bruce The Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:02 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I would recommend the 3-in-1 coming out this fall. I have the Xbox version, and got the PC for the expansions. I ended up getting a new computer in December, but it still isn't enough to handle the game requirements. If you look at it this way:

If your computer isn't up to date with graphics, you'll need to buy a video card, the original Morrowind, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon. That will easily span into the $100 mark.

.or.

Wait about 4 months, go to the store and buy the new Morrowind (let's say $60)
About the only thing the PC version will have over the Xbox is the mods. Quite frankly, I've never bothered with them. The game being released in the fall will have all the latest patches; considering it is a console game, there should be a minimal amount of bugs, if any.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:10 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I could be wrong here, but I believe another MAJOR advantage for the PC is console commands whereas an X-Boxer told me there are none for the X-Box version
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:16 PM   #5
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

X box has better controls, but also has some memory difficulty-it freezes sometimes when a lot is happening
Old 07-01-2003, 03:10 AM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
I could be wrong here, but I believe another MAJOR advantage for the PC is console commands whereas an X-Boxer told me there are none for the X-Box version
I've never heard of any, but I guess it does.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:17 PM   #7
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by Rageheart:
X box has better controls, but also has some memory difficulty-it freezes sometimes when a lot is happening
I don't have the PC version but I do like the Xbox control. Its very good and I just love a gampad any day over a mouse. I guess I'll give the Xbox version a try when the GOTY comes out. Its going to be great to replay again with the expansion AND the bug fixes. Though my version was pretty much good to go. Not really any problems. I think most of the problems that people experience are basically due to the size of the saved games. Basically, if you remember to dispose of defeated enemies, the size of saves will be smaller, thus more stability. Well that's just from my experience and it worked.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:25 PM   #8
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

I think since Goty is coming out the only way that PC has Xbox beat is the TES editor and downloadable mods d
Old 07-01-2003, 08:56 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Does the Xbox one have disk reading error problem?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:56 PM   #10
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Does the Xbox one have disk reading error problem?
No but sometimes it freezes and tells you the disk is dirty which it never is and you lose everything you haven't saved.