Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 11:55 AM   #1
Haldir
Manshoon

Anybody playing Warhammer 40.000?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:02 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

the pc game or the model game?
I collect the models, or used to, havent bought any in a while
Old 10-03-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
the pc game or the model game?
I collect the models, or used to, havent bought any in a while
Model game. Which army do you have?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:17 PM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

mostly space marines. I have a few imperial guard and orcs though. But i have loads and loads of space marines, and also some scenery. What about u?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:20 PM   #5
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
mostly space marines. I have a few imperial guard and orcs though. But i have loads and loads of space marines, and also some scenery. What about u?
I have Dark Angels (Space Marines). My friend just went to London to buy me some stuff (predator annihilator). Do you like to play?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:27 PM   #6
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

yeh i do. Although i havent played in about a year. Mainly because iv been doing other things and some of the people i used to play against i dont see as often any more
Old 10-03-2003, 12:31 PM   #7
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
yeh i do. Although i havent played in about a year. Mainly because iv been doing other things and some of the people i used to play against i dont see as often any more
Yes it is just like a drug, once you start you can't end! Warhammer can realy make a lot of troubles in school (marks). Doesn't it. I just can't concentrate if models are near, because I want to paint them or play with friend.How about you?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:36 PM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I remember when i first started collecting back when i was in primary school and on the last day everybody brought theres in and we had a massive battle. It was really cool and it lasted for like the whole day!! I think that the best thing about them is the painting. It is really cool and everybody has there own style, its really cool to look at other people in the gameworkshops.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:37 PM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I play tyranids. It is a hobby that is on a bit of a standstill for me lately. Mainly due to economical concerns.

My current project is to assemble an entire legit tyranid swarm of only flying creatures.

HQ - Winged hive tyrants

Troops - Winged ripper swarms

Fast attack - Gargoyles, winged ScyTal gaunts and winged ScyTal/Claw warriors

Heavy Support - Winged warriors with venom cannons

I already have the winged ScyTal/Claw warriors (a kickass unit) and the ripper swarms ready and I have some of the gargoyles too.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:39 PM   #10
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
I remember when i first started collecting back when i was in primary school and on the last day everybody brought theres in and we had a massive battle. It was really cool and it lasted for like the whole day!! I think that the best thing about them is the painting. It is really cool and everybody has there own style, its really cool to look at other people in the gameworkshops.
I agree. But the gaming is also good, I also made some real massive fight, but at the end it goes boring (we were playing for about nine hours-and you can imagine...) well we probably all took some aspirins at the end (haha...)
But it's a good tactical game. You can win with any army if you are good.