Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-30-2002, 12:00 AM   #1
Lewzbel
The Magister

Boy did that suck. I'm playing as a Jester, and I decided to move into the playhouse a little prematurely. I dropped some items off before doing the interplanar travel, and when I came back it was gone. I thought all containers were safe. Not so. Apparently Raelis Shai decides to clean house before they hand over the deed. I would have just let her have the stuff, but when I loaded an archived version I discoverd I'd left the Gesen bow. Oops. So I did the whole damn thing over again.
Lewzbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 12:55 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

IIRC same thing happens with the ranger cabin and the fighter stronghold as well
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 07:03 AM   #3
cyber7
The Magister

sometimes it happens to me to... I use to drop my things in the coper cornet and they ner gone
Old 05-01-2002, 01:33 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

You can use the CLUAConsole trick to load the original area, before it becomes a stronghold and collect your stuff, then leave and go back, it should reset to the stronghold level when the game reaccesses it.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:11 PM   #5
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by cyber7:
sometimes it happens to me to... I use to drop my things in the coper cornet and they ner gone
This will only happen if you drop them on the ground. Bernard cleans his inn every evening, so maybe you can find them at "lost and found"

You should instead only put your stuff in boxes, drawers etc. and for strongholds: you should wait until you actually own them, because the game resets the stronghold area after your get it.
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote