Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-01-2001, 09:28 PM   #61
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Don't like Minsc? EGADS! Is the game about pure combat? Hell no! Minsc and Jan are more entertaining than 99.9% of the garbage on tv! He is no slouch in a fight either. He is just handicapped with some odd starting proficiencies
Old 10-01-2001, 09:29 PM   #62
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Hrm how did a post thats from last year get resurected?
Old 10-01-2001, 09:32 PM   #63
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

huuuurm, your not the only one. i despise minsc for being a complete moron! he's not THAT good, and how can you people say Aerie's annoying if you have Minsc in your party? it does not make sense!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server of Cloudy's Cafe

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-01-2001, 09:48 PM   #64
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How about this?...

Use cheats and equip Minsc with any weapon and armor and do the same with another character and let em at it with each other...
tell us who won and detail stats....

Minsc/double long sword just turned Jan/short sword +2 into feed for Boo... I should try it with a fighter I guess....
Old 10-01-2001, 11:28 PM   #65
chinese noodle
Manshoon

minsc rules!!! then again, i have an all good team which rules out korgan as a party member, and if you dont like minsc, then of course hes going to suck.
the REASON he sux is because you dont like him a) you arent going to give him all the good fighting stuff and b) hes going to die more because you will robably put higher priority on another character, then when minsc dies youll just like him less because he died, then youll just keep on liking him less and less because for some reason, he just keeps dying.

"A den of STINKING evil, cover your nose boo,
WE WILL LEAVE NO CREVICE UNTOUCHED!! "
Old 10-02-2001, 02:00 AM   #66
Rikard

Chinese noodle
The reason why Minsc sucks i posted in this thread
Page one last post of a Guy called Kaël (don't ask i felt like havink stupid names )

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-02-2001, 03:23 AM   #67
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
MidnightForce: Could you pleasepleaseplease send me some more (lots more!!! ~drools greedily~ ) info on your german version of BG2?? I am really interested in this as I'm a language/literature student. So maybe you could email me some of the hot lines that the characters have, like for example what kind of things Minsc says (does he have an Ostfriesisch accent? ) and some quotes from characters
Thanx!!!
Oh I'm not sure about the voices as I'm female but I think Viconia and Jaheira sound quite sexy
I have the German version of BG2 and IWD (you can choose what language you want to install) and it really bites...They translated it well, but the voices are even more annoying as the english version . And they seem to have left out all the good jokes and banter between the NPCs.

And Minsc has a Saxon accent.......

Old 10-02-2001, 05:25 AM   #68
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

minsc is too high maintenance. his stats are irrelevant because there are so many stat-boosting items, especially in his most touted area, STR.

he can't help in fights vs mind flayers because he's so stupid.

the shield of harmony argument is crap because it nullifies both of his fighting specialties: 2h swords and dual-wielding.

his special berserk ability is far more of a liability unless the rest of the party is half a mile away. and if he makes aerie his witch, you better make damn sure she never gets too hurt or he could wipe the entire party out.

he's a goober. all that rah-rah we're-the-good-guys junk gets old after a few seconds.

he's incompetent. he couldn't protect his first witch dynaheir (well, according to the bg2 story). now he wants to "help" you. no thanks.

---

yes, his dialogs are some of the funniest around ("boo likes parrots. they could rassle!" LOL) but that's not enough after you've played through with him once.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:47 AM   #69
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Minsc need not always be a fighter wielding a Two-Handed Sword... ...

In my game, ~~

Minor Spoiler Alert
~
~
~
~
I planned Minsc to dual-wield the Flail of Ages and Crom Faeyr. By the way, this was planned for ToB too, if you do not have ToB, then just dual-wield Flails, buy the Sleeper Flail from the Copper Coronet.

Minsc already had 2* in Dual-Wield, so I only needed 5 more *, or 15 more levels. Since Crom Faeyr grants 25 STR, I gave him the Belt of Inertial Barrier.

Also, whenever necessary, I could just swap his off-hand weapon for a shield. I kept the Shield of Harmony, Shield of Balduran and Dragon Shield in his inventory for use as and when they are needed.

The only person in my party who had more kills than Minsc, was my Blade.

Heh, heh... ...

Minsc is not the strongest fighter in the game, but he is certainly not a weak one either.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-02-2001, 06:16 AM   #70
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, he is stupid and loses to Mind Flayers al the time, but his naive and fun attitude is a good one for the stressed events falling on your shoulders...

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...