Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2000, 06:54 PM   #1
eqgirl

Warning this is a complete overview Spoiler. I may have some of the chapters numbered wrong but the path of succession is correct for each zone. It is a rough draft walk through. If you need additional info on specific areas, items, or strategy send an email...without further discussion.
Easthaven:
---Kill the group of 6 goblins and one Elite Goblin and return fish to scared boy.
---Speak to Holthgar and get quest to protect caravan.
---head into wilderness at lower right of screen. There will be 3 wolves guarding a cave. Enter the cave.
---Battle your way through a liar full of orcs, orc magi, and one ogre. The ogre has "Caravan Contract"..return the contract to Holthgar to finish caravan quest.
---Run supply errand in town for holthgar.
---Movie runs at this point.
---Appear in Khulbar pass. Fight your way through the ranks of goblins and an ogre to reach khuldar.
---Khuldar is in the bottom right of the screen.
---End Chapter 1

Chapter 2 Khuladar and the Vale of Shadows.
---Speak to the Arch druid to begin quest (this is the basis of the entire game)
---Proceed to the mid-left of the zone. Kill 2 yeti's attacking Mirek.
---Enter in to the vale of dreams.
---You need to clear EVERY crypt in the vale. The keys are located in various receptacles as well as magic items and potions.
---the key to this zone is the crypt in the upper right of the screen.
---Clear the top level of the crypt of various monsters. Kill Bone dancer and the sending of myrkul. Bone dancer fight is one fo the hardest so far with current party strength. I do not suggest useing a stalking horse strategy due to the spell casting nature fo the bonedancer.
---to the right of the bone dancer is a winding path. Follow it to the end..there is a secert wall that holds a mummy and a crypt. Kill the mummy and loot the Mausaleum key. Follow the path around to the end now and you will see a VERY thin door in the left wall. You CANNOT see it without puttng the mouse on it. Go through the door to the next area.
---In the lower regions you must fight through large amounts of undead. In the direct center of the room you will see a cryupt lying open with colored triangles next to it. There is a gold mechanical door takeing up the top portion of the screen. The key to this door is a lever on the first pillar when you walk int ot he room. It is VERY small and hard to detect. Run your pointer over the outside of all the pillars till you find it.
---downstairs you will fight your way to Krekkus(spelling is wrong). He wants you to kill the priestess of auril. She lives int he Yeti cave in the vale of dreams. she doesnt spawn UNTIL you speak to Krekkuss. Once you have proceed to speak to her and kill her. When you return to krekuss he cannot provide any information on who is resposible for the monsters and rising undead. This does complete the first part of the Arch Druids quest.
---Return to Khuldar and speak to Archdruid.
---New quest (find the heartstone)
---Head to temple of the forgotten god. Fight your way down to the lower level. Entrance to lower level is in the uper right of the screen.
---Continue fighting till you see a dead priest of Talona on the ground and your journal updates.
---Return to Arch druid.
---Head to Dragons Eye
---Tough dungeuons with Trolls (Must be killed BY fire..or once they fall down use a fire spell to finish them off), LOTS of poison and confusion style magics in use in this dungeuon. Recommend useing a thief stalkign horse technique or a fully buffed fighter.
---Fight through the various levels.
---Goals on Lvl 1 (Kill Lizard King this frees the villagers)
---Goals on lvl 2 and 3 fight to lower levels
---Lvl 4 You must find and kill tzechnisomeone or other. You also meet a VERy annoying lil kid who appears int eh weirdest spots.
---This is your last level in this zone. You are funneled down one specific path. There are traps all along the main corridor. use caution the final door is guarded by a confusion trap. I lost 3 party members to my own fighters the first time through here.
---Destroy the final advesary and retrieve the heartstone.
---Return to Khuldar
---Learn the trouth of the Archdruid and indication of the next step.
---Head to the Severed Hand.
---End of Chapter 2

Chapter 3
Severed Hand

This is a VERy tough area. Shadowed monsters are tougher versions of real equivalents. There are lots of casters and archers and the placement of them makes this section difficult.
This section will only be an overview as there isnt much to do beyond kill everything.
HINT: Dont kill anyone that is named for any reason unless they ask you too.
You must clear the towers fo the undead. You must find all the missing peices of the Astrolabe. You must get Larrel to use the heartstone.

Tough Areas. on the second level of the severed hand to the rigth of the treetrunk stairs is an Elevator. It resembles and archway. you must put your mouse on it.. you will get a shipswheel icon. this takes you tot he innaccesible portions of the map and includes on of the astrolabe peices.

There are 4 peices total.
1 in the war tower
1 the training tower
1 in the clerics tower
1 the bottom levels of the hand

End of Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Dorn's Deep
Rough areas....will touch on the key areas.
The main area is the entrance tot he forges. You will see one that you cant reach and one main entrance. Use the main. Watch for drow and others. Use the stairs in the upper left to a cave area... find a dead body with a journal. Head back up to the room above...enter circle table room. (LOOK closely at the table and remember it for the next room)
Enter secret room. Step on the correct stones int he correct order to activate the entrance to the forges.
Go back to circle table room and look at the statues ...one of them dropped his hammer..pick it up.
Now you can enter the forges.
Once int he forges it is a straight bug hhunt. There are lotsa traps on the crypts and lotsa undead. Kill everything.
The lich at the end will keep comeing back to life until ya destroy the phylactery.
Enter the caves.
You appear at the museaum section. Enter the museum.
Your goal here is to kill the salamanders and get teh key to free the trapped slaves. Look for a dropped book once the slaves are freed.
Head to the broken bridge and use the book to repair it. Cross the bridge to the ice giants. You DO NOT need to kill anyone in the ice giant area to get the lietants key. Just talk to joril adn tell him the master wants it back.
Now to the tougher areas.
End Chapter 4

Unable to finish right now.. will attempt to post the rest tomm. if need questions send an email. Rough overview.

Fight through the underground Sniverfblen area. Kill the drow lietannt. Kill the human female lt, Con the 5 one out of the thief lt, and enter the final room and kill the GOLD IDOL in the center of the priests of Illmater. Use the 6 keys you retrieved to open the door to the final chapter.
In final chapter you will head back to easthaven and have to beat the owner of creshinibonn.
Old 07-09-2000, 02:18 PM   #2
para

Yep, that's about it in a nutshell.
Old 07-09-2000, 05:28 PM   #3
Angelslayer9000

Okay I got all four pieces of that broken machinary and I've killed all the monsters. What do I do now? When I take the stairs to the very left, I enter an area that has been completely destroyed by that lich. The game tells me that it is impossible to venture further into the tower. So how do I get the heartstone gem to this guy so he can make it work?