Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2001, 12:45 AM   #11
Synthos
Manshoon

Poo, oh well.. There are other ways to deal with Kangaxx.. but 93% magic resistance is alot.. meaning pratically any spellcaster is useless.. And if the exp cap remover is used than the magic resistance could go ABOVE 100... Anyways.. I think partnering is kinda cool, and will definetly be my next game...
Old 10-21-2001, 12:47 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Kangaxx uses a "super" version of Imprisonment I believe.
The only difference between Kangaxx's Imprisonment and normal Imprisonment, is that Kangaxx's Imprisonment is a ranged attack. Normal Imprisonment is meant to be a touch attack.

Here is a link to a list of level 9 spell desciptions. Imprisonment is a level 9 spell, while Maze is a level 8 spell.
Old 10-21-2001, 12:51 AM   #13
Synthos
Manshoon

Yeah, I'll take a look at that, thanks...

Btw according to shadow keeper (SPOLER!)

Kangaxx has only 8 imprisonments, is this true? Or does he gain more when he turns demi-lich?
Old 10-21-2001, 03:21 AM   #14
mitsos

Quote:
Originally posted by Synthos:
Yeah, true.. But I really want to see a monk at level 21 early on in the game.. (I'll probably use the exp cap remover if i hit the bar line too early)

Slight Spoiler
>>>
>
>
>
>
Note: Monk at level 21 has 63(!) magic resistance, add Sword of Balduran, Ring of Gaxx, and Taligun's Amulet of Magic Resistance.. and you have 93% magic resistance!!! Beat tha Kangaxx!
Synthos, I think that your characters are limited to 65 magic resistance. At least my paladin couldn't get higher than that, although when you added all the bonuses it was 85 or something.

Old 10-21-2001, 04:58 AM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Synthos:
Yeah, I'll take a look at that, thanks...
Btw according to shadow keeper (SPOLER!)
Kangaxx has only 8 imprisonments, is this true? Or does he gain more when he turns demi-lich?
Only 8? I highly doubt so, I believe it is unlimited. Even if it is not, it is definately far more than 8.
Old 10-21-2001, 09:47 AM   #16
Synthos
Manshoon

Well, i'm just reading off shadow keeper, kangaxx's innate imprisonments say 8, although they're probably unlimited like you said..

What really cheeses me off is that Monks have a Find and REMOVE traps ability... it's like that even when you set the abilities.. find and remove traps, but in the game, a monk can only find the traps (as far as I know) and there is no way for him to remove the traps because he doesn't have the theiving ability.. This is retarded.. Is it fixed in ToB or is it the same?