Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 07:15 AM   #1
ForgeX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi pplz!
I thought it would be interesting to start a party and have it consist of characters from the Wheel of Time novels by Robert Jordan. Now i have some ideas as to character classes for the party but i still require some assistance.

*Rand - Kensai/Mage: proficiencies in Katana (or is it a Two Handed sword) as the Callandor, Longbows
*Mat - ???, proficiencies in Daggers, Quarterstaffs or Spears
*Perrin - ???(could be beastmaster but cannot use metal weapons, proficiencies in Axes, Warhammers
*Lan - Ranger, grand master in 2 Handed Swords, proficiencies in 2 HS, 2 Handed style, wearing cloak of displacement (warder cloak)
*Elayne - Mage , ???
*Nynaeve - Cleric,???
*Egwene - Mage,???
*Aviendha - fighter/mage, spears

Any other ideas would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

------------------
One moment of weakness....
An eternity of pain....
Old 09-06-2001, 03:28 PM   #2
oldbittercraig
Elminster

matt- thief turned fighter.

Perrin- ranger

All the Aes Sedai are basically Cleric/Mage combos...
Old 09-06-2001, 03:35 PM   #3
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think depending on the Ajah, i.e.

Green=fighter\mage
yellow=cleric\mage

Mat: Thief/fighter Prof's in spear/quarter staff/dagger
Rand: Kensai/mage(good call) prof's in single weapon style and long sword
Perrin:Ranger axe and hammer/ single weapon
Elayne:Mage
Egwene: Mage dualed to Cleric

Does that sound good?

------------------

[This message has been edited by AngelofDeath (edited 09-06-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 07:41 AM   #4
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I almost forgot

Thom Merrilin(sp): Bard - Daggers
Juliin(sp): Bounty Hunter
Faile: Fighter/thief - High int/High Charisma
The M'Hael(forgot his name): Chaotic Evil Kensai/Mage

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 08:33 AM   #5
Greystone
The Magister

This is a cool thread...interesting concept, playing one game with characters from a totally different basis (Forgotten Realms w/ chars from Wheel of Time).

I would have to disagree with the choice of class for Lan, however. I feel that he would be a better fit for the Paladin/Undead Hunter category than as a ranger. He has the ability to detect shadowspawn approching (detect evil) and has immunities to some of their techniques (eg, the hypnotic assault of the Draghkar, good example for protection from evil along with immunity to being held).

--Greystone
Old 09-07-2001, 09:18 AM   #6
ForgeX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greystone: I suggested Lan as a Ranger because he has large knowledge of the countryside and the wilderness(seen in Eye of the World).

The characters look good. But i am still unsure as to what weapon Rand is wielding. I thought that he would be wielding either a long sword or Katana, but since Lan trained him in the use of the blade i think he might possibly use 2 handed swords.
Any ideas?
Old 09-07-2001, 09:50 AM   #7
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by ForgeX:
Greystone: I suggested Lan as a Ranger because he has large knowledge of the countryside and the wilderness(seen in Eye of the World).

The characters look good. But i am still unsure as to what weapon Rand is wielding. I thought that he would be wielding either a long sword or Katana, but since Lan trained him in the use of the blade i think he might possibly use 2 handed swords.
Any ideas?
Thinking on that, I agree, Two-handed sword, with Proficiency in sigle weapon and 2-handed sword.

I think what we need to do is come up with a ranger kits for Warders, what do you think?

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 05:30 PM   #8
oldbittercraig
Elminster

the knowledge of the world is more book knowledge than anything else. I'd fit them more in the paladin mold myself...
Old 09-07-2001, 06:25 PM   #9
fckoln
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Greystone:
This is a cool thread...interesting concept, playing one game with characters from a totally different basis (Forgotten Realms w/ chars from Wheel of Time).

I would have to disagree with the choice of class for Lan, however. I feel that he would be a better fit for the Paladin/Undead Hunter category than as a ranger. He has the ability to detect shadowspawn approching (detect evil) and has immunities to some of their techniques (eg, the hypnotic assault of the Draghkar, good example for protection from evil along with immunity to being held).

--Greystone

Lan has to be a Paladin as Greystone says. But then again, he has the abilitly to "blend" into his envioroment very well... tough call.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:29 PM   #10
Istaron
Banned User

Friends, the Heron-marked sword is a katana. Nothing else, so Lan/Rand must be Grand in those.

Lan can't be a paladin, he isn't that Lawfull good I think. A mix between Chaotic good and Lawful Neutral fits him the best.

Does anyone have any ideas for Padan fain?

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen