Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-19-2001, 03:55 AM   #41
Link
Jack Burton

I am familiar with the program DIV games studio (any of you know it). I even bought it, but the problem is that i don't know whether it's good enough or not...

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-19-2001, 03:59 AM   #42
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I appreciate all of your help, guys thanks!! And as for Melusine:
"Altijd welkom, nieuwe hulp. Ik had trouwens al langer gezien dat je Nederlands was, maar dat doet er niet toe. Hoe vind je trouwens mijn verhaal in de bar? Best wel lachen he?"
For those of you who aren't Dutch: do not, i repeat, do not try to read the sentences above, you won't understand!!! Well I hope you all like the things so far, and i'll keep all of ya informed. BTW: i trust all of your intentions with my ideas are well, i don't suspect anything, but one has to be certain of these things...

proberen ze toch wel

If you need any help on developing a scenery in which this game plays you can always turn to me
Email is my profile
or i could just type it down
Rikardt@mail.com

------------------

Help me create A Fantasy Realm with your imagination

Old 05-19-2001, 11:59 AM   #43
Melusine
Dracolisk

Link mail me mail als je ergens hulp bij nodig hebt... en ja, ik heb je posts in de bar gelezen....keep posting!
Rikard is trouwens eigenlijk een meisje wist je dat al?

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-19-2001, 06:50 PM   #44
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I am familiar with the program DIV games studio (any of you know it). I even bought it, but the problem is that i don't know whether it's good enough or not...

I think DIV is up to it, unless you are going all 3d the only weakness is that it is a bit weak when it comes to sound. Well they are replacing DIV2 in a few months.

But unless you can work in C++ I can't think of any suitable languages to program games in. The only other languages I have seen games programmed in is Visual Basic and Flash.
Old 05-20-2001, 02:21 AM   #45
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Your story line reminds me alot of "The woods out back" and "The dragons dagger" their really good books so go read them......NOW!!!!!

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-20-2001, 04:14 AM   #46
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Link mail me mail als je ergens hulp bij nodig hebt... en ja, ik heb je posts in de bar gelezen....keep posting!
Rikard is trouwens eigenlijk een meisje wist je dat al?
*sigh*
ja en melusine is een oude naar kaas stinkende vent van 54 toch?????

------------------

Old 05-20-2001, 05:48 AM   #47
Melusine
Dracolisk

Niet waar stomme Rikarda, kijk maar op Stealthy's Site (oh dat is zeker mijn dochter dan). Nee ok Rikard is geen meisje maar hij is er wel een geweest...ze was echt een lekker ding

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-20-2001, 05:54 AM   #48
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Talofa teine falifo fa'e palasami tutai kudi aina ono. HA YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THAT!!! THATS HOW US NON SCANDINAVIANS FEEL ITS CONFUSING!!!!

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-20-2001, 08:49 AM   #49
Link
Jack Burton

Link is still alive! Just had something to do with internet and bills and stuff like that!!! Well, glad i'm still on page one with this topic, and i'm glad as well that there are a lot of people replying.
BTW: Melusine and Rikard: i think it would be nicer to everyone (yes, Caleb included) that we should speak English on this one...
Ehm, well i've been thinking about any new ideas and i've come up with nothing yet. What i do think, is that i will change the way trolls will look. From my opinion i think that the trolls in BG2 look like dendroids (if u know what i mean). Troll should be different, dunno how, but somehow they should be different.
Oh yeah, before i forget, i've got something figured out:
There will be a group of Elves which live at cliffs and stuff like that. They will be called Cliff Elves. They originated a long time ago, when one elf, known as Riued Barkskin didn't agree with the laws the Wood Elves live with. He decided to go someplace else, and started the Cliff Elf tribe. Some of the Wood Elves followed him, but it was a small group. Nobody believed they made it, but a decade later, during the Orc Wars, when the Elves were in fierce war with the Orcs, a messenger was sent to where the Elves thought Riued Barkskin and his followers were living. The messenger by accident discovered that Riued lived at the Cliffside near the Elf Capital Cashtar. The cliffs there were concidered a dangerous place, because they were inhabited by birds called Rocs. Rocs are very aggressive and that is why nobody comes near them. The messenger found out that Riued Barkskin made himself a special amulet, known as "gHeis Njys", or in the Normal Language, the "Amulet of Bird Control". This amulet gives you the power of controlling birds, especially Rocs, since it was created to protect the Cliff Elves against the Rocs. Times passed, and the Cliff Elves and Wood Elves signed peace. Nobody knew that the Cliff Elves had also signed peace with the Rocs, with help of course from the gHeis Njys. This amulet was no longer needed, because the Rocs and Cliff Elves lived in harmony now. As time passed the Rocs were used as transport by the Cliff Elves, and even as pet. Now every young Cliff Elf gets his own Roc, with which he can travel and fight. The Elder Ones, the older Cliff Elves decided to bury the Amulet of Bird Control with it's maker, Riued, when he died. They also allowed the Rocs to watch over the young elven children, as Rocs have a keen eye for danger. Since then the Rocs and Cliff Elves have lived in very close bonds.
One more thing: when a Cliff Elf turns 17, the Age of Maturity, he must go away with his Roc and perform a certain task, known as the Byun. This task can consist of helping people, or helping other creatures. The tasked Elves may not return unless their task is forfilled.

Well, it's not all about the Cliff Elves, but i have to stop. I'll keep all of ya inforemd!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-20-2001, 09:53 AM   #50
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Niet waar stomme Rikarda, kijk maar op Stealthy's Site (oh dat is zeker mijn dochter dan). Nee ok Rikard is geen meisje maar hij is er wel een geweest...ze was echt een lekker ding
Yup it is your daughter

------------------