Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-18-2001, 02:17 AM   #1
Cedon
Welcomed New User

Ok, im in chapter 7 up to the point of almost the last battle.
I'v got the locket,saved jaheira from the bandits,and killed off the harpers at the harper HQ in town. Could anyone tell me what im waiting on now to advance the harper quest? I think im waiting on someone to show up and tell jaheira to come back to the harper HQ(just speculation from what i'v gleened from the boards) Does this happen in any certain place? I'v been running around outside wondering the lands, from trademet to the druids grove waiting for someone to come along, am i missing something? please help me out here im eager to get into ToB so i'd like to get the harper quest(and jaheira's romance) tied up soon.
thanks in advance for the help.
Old 09-18-2001, 03:29 AM   #2
Charlander
Dungeon Master

SPOILER!

------------------
...and he walked the earth for centuries, slaying creaturs of the underworld...

-Charlander
Old 09-18-2001, 03:49 AM   #3
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

if youve ever kicked her out of the party, the romance ends.

if she ever gets petrified, the romance ends.

MANY of her dialogs only happen in "wilderness" areas. nalia's keep and umar hills are good for this.

barring that, most of her romance is based on REAL time, unmodified about 30-60 minutes between dialogs, so just killing game time wont cut it.

if youre already in chapter 7 id say forget it. her romance thread has the highest "lovetalk" threads (72) and it sounds like youre only up to about 30.

spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
after the harper episode, reviane will arrive and either attack or leave depending on your rep.

then dermin shows up. then he shows up again, this time to fight. then jaheira leaves again. terminsel shows up. you go get her. terminsel shows up again and that night is, uh, noteworthy.

if you havent met reviane or dermin yet, just forget it unless you can kill 12 hours of real time. theres a patch at http://members.home.net/mrkevvy that fixes some bugs with the romance but also shortens the time between dialogs.

[This message has been edited by Amergin (edited 09-18-2001).]
Old 09-18-2001, 10:11 PM   #4
Cedon
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the heads up its much apreciated. Im finishing up some of the side quest now like the twisted rune and the like. I can also try the watchers keep now so that might give me some more time. thanks again
luck all
Old 09-19-2001, 12:42 AM   #5
Alaric
Manshoon

Have you download the official patch for TOB? It is supposed to have a fix for the romance with Jaheria. I have tried that romance several times while playing through Baldur's Gate II and have never been able to complete it. Now with TOB and its patch installed, I have gotten farther along with Jaheria than I ever have.