Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2006, 07:25 PM   #31
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel smiled at Telryn.

"It's funny you should say that, friend. I was just thinking the very same."

He watched Telryn move about the campside quietly for a moment and then stepped back towards the embers of the fire, intending to make sure they were thoroughly damped down.

It was then that he laid eyes on a sight that caused his good mood to vanish. Bending down, he grabbed Nivram's jerkin in a fist and lifted his torso slightly off the ground until their faces were close.

"Wake up you filthy drunkard!" Detheriel whispered furiously, not wishing (despite his anger) the sleeping members of the group to partake in Nivram's shame.

"By the Hells man, we trusted you to watch our backs last night! What were you thinking?"

Sighing in exasperation, Detheriel released his grip and let the groggy Nivram sink back to the earth.

"So where's the rest? Come on - you're going to hand me every last stinking drop you carry and swear never to do such again. By the Gods, you're lucky you weren't found by someone else - some here would run you through for less." He paused, before whispering again, a bit gentler this time:

"Now lets have it all, before the rest wake up and I'll say no more on the matter."

He stood up, inwardly cursing himself for letting Nivram go unsupervised last night. Clearly the man was going to need careful watching from now on, as it seemed like alcohol could easily undo all the potential that Nivram had started showing recently.

[ 04-23-2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #32
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

When the others awoke Isokla was nowhere in sight. Her bedroll was gone as was her pack and there was no trace she had ever been there.

It was not hard to miss her; she was slight in build and unobtrusive, so even when she took the centre-light. She preferred it that way – or at least, she liked to believe she was unobtrusive.

It was when Detheriel was ‘disposing’ of Nivram’s bottle and threatening to run him through that Isokla emerged. She was wearing her sandals, dress and had a towel in hand. Seating herself at the edge of the camp on a tree-stump, she hummed softly to herself as she towelled her damp hair dry. Dripping wet it seemed that she had taken a dip while the rest of the party were sleeping…

Putting the damp towel to one side, she began to brush her silvery hair, combing it in long strides. It was longer than it first appeared and almost reached her waist. Laying aside her brush, the young woman began to braid it into a single, long plait.

While she was tending to her hair, the girl watched Detheriel with ever narrowing eyes. While she said nothing, at the other side of the camp, she did not like the way he seemed to be treating Nivram. Moreover, she did not like the way Nivram responded – or not, as the case may be. It was unclear if she had seen his bottle before she had got up – but judging from her lack of reaction, probably not.

~~~

Given that the others were still waking up, Isokla took it upon herself to make breakfast – and over the embers of the campfire, stirred back into life and a fresh log added, she prepared a bowl of porridge using her iron pot. Serving it onto large green leaves; she prepared enough for all of them – but only a portion each. With it, she boiled the salted, filleted fish left over from last night.

Once Detheriel had finished with Nivram; Isokla was just about done with the porridge. Calling over to him & Telryn, she asked “Would you two boys like to come and break fast with me?” Isokla gifted each of them with a warm smile; almost as warm as the sun’s first rays entering from the east. The dawn was especially pretty this morning with a palette of pink, orange and purple hues accompanying the blood red of the rising sun.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #33
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Shaken and stirred was not how Nivram liked starting his mornings, especially not, when he was in a very unstable mood in his stomach and head thanks to the abysmal quality of the drink he had had the night before.

He almost threw up on Detheriel, but managed to hold back the outburst. He did not catch most of what Detheriel told him, but there was one phrase, which fully caught his attention.

"Now lets have it all..."

It almost immediately fully sobered Nivram as he tried to find a way of getting out of this very unpleasant proposition.

"I don't have any more on me. I...I think I'll just go and scout a bit ahead," he said slowly backing away from Detheriel. Unfortunately for him, and quite probably fortunately for the group, his foot bumped against his bag as he made a step backwards. Nivram cringed as the sound of a bottle knocking against another was heard coming from his bag.

He sighed deeply and produced two bottles of very cheap looking rum from his pack.

"I'll want those back," he said to Detheriel as he prepared to go ahead and scout as he had said. Nivram smiled to himself as he walked away, happy that one bottle alone could not make a clinking sound of glass upon glass.

The morning was indeed beautiful, the rays of the morning sun penetrating here and there between the trees. The morning dew still shone on the blades of grass, wetting Nivram's feet through his shoes as he walked.

It was fifteen minutes after he had left their campsite that he heard strange noises from the left. Running footsteps among the trees were followed by a sword being unsheathed, and then the footsteps continuing. Nivram loosened his daggers, preparing for whatever was to come, and called out to the mysterious runner.

"Who goes there?"
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #34
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

(OOC: Nivram is encountering Eruwin - so if you want to have him interact Lost Prophet, now's the time to do so [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 04-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #35
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Eruwin

"Who goes there?"
Eruwin heard the words faintly through the muddle of his mind, dimly he registered the fact that somehow these were not the words that his pursuers would utter and that maybe somehow this voice could aid him.
"Help!".He had intended to shout the words, though they came out as a ragged choke as his parched throat failed to form the sound properly, struggling on with his last vestiges of strength he veered of his current path towards where he judged the voice to have come from.
He rounded the bowel of a large tree to find himself on a direct path toward a man holding two unsheathed knives. Eruwin had no idea who this man was or if he was in league with his molesters, but hopeing for the best he continued his current path. He was barely ten feet away from this unfamiliar man when his broken and fatigued body gave out, his knees giving out from under him he crashed to the ground, coming to a holt before the mans feet.
"Please.." he uttered.
And all went black.

OOC: sory for the delay..we had the house fumagated and therefore i couldnt get to the PC [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-28-2006, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: lost prophet ]
lost prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #36
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

"“Would you two boys like to come and break fast with me?”"
Telryn stared at Isokla as she gave him (and Detheriel) a warm smile, which was foreign to her, so Telryn had saw. She was a strange character, but he was not one to turn down hospitality.

"That'd be lovely, thankyou Isokla," Telryn said with a smile at the young woman.

His body was near-enough dry, so he put on his shirt and wandered over to where Isokla was preparing breakfast.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #37
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel chuckled as Nivram walked away. Sorry my friend, but you won't be seeing these again he laughed to himself.

Hearing Isokla's invitation he decided to leave the bottles in his pack for now and join her and Telryn.

His stomach rumbling, he sat down with his companions and sniffed the air. "So, what's cooking?" he asked eagerly.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #38
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Isokla’s already warm smile grew, lighting up her features like the rays from the dawn sun – her shining blue eyes at once almost amused and affectionate, as though Detheriel’s reaction, and both his and Telyrn’s acceptance of her invitation pleased her.

Her eyes twinkled as Detheriel’s stomach rumbled and she asked with deceptive mildness, “Hungry, are we?” she laughed at his eagerness, covering her mouth with one hand, genuine mirth glittering in her eyes. At his "So, what's cooking?" she answered simply, “Porridge and fish.”

To Telryn, Isokla simply nodded and served him his portion and then Detheriel his. As she passed the food to the latter on the leaf plate, she leant in close and asked him softly – for his ears alone (although, perhaps if Telryn was near enough, he might hear) “What were you doing with Nivram?” Her tone was not exactly possessive, or even oddly protective; but there was a note of genuine concern and more than a hint of curiosity. She wanted to know. “And where did he go after?” Isokla tutted for her next displeased, disapproving, reproachful comment, “He hasn’t eaten yet.” She seemed to take it almost as a personal affront that he disappeared off without at least sampling her cooking…

If Isokla was not serving the two ‘boys’ their food, no doubt she would have had her arms folded under her breasts, or her hands on hips in fists. From her slight scowl, that was the exact pose she would have taken…

Old 04-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #39
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

"Delicious" an extremely happy Detheriel mumbled, holding the bowl up to his lips and spooning the porridge into his mouth with his fingers.

Upon hearing Isokla's question, he paused for a moment and wiped the back of his hand across his mouth to make sure no porridge was stuck in his rapidly growing beard.

"Ach, I don't wish to speak of it, Lady" he said in a dismissive, yet light-hearted manner.
Then more seriously:
"Believe me, it was for his own good. Both him and you will be better off for it."

"As for where he's gone...well I expect he's just gone to..er..freshen up with a quick stroll."

Detheriel returned her warm reassuring smile from earlier. "He'll be fine" he asserted confidently.

He grinned:
"Besides, I'm sure the smell of your cooking will lure him back faster than you think!" With that, he lifted the bowl to his lips once more and drained the last remnants of the porridge in one swift motion.

[ 04-27-2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 04-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #40
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Her expression was not pleased, nor did she take any pains to hide in, but rather than argue the point further, simply inclined her head coolly.

“I am sure that he will tell me himself, in time, if it is important.” Isokla replied softly, and added as the smile returned to her face, “I am glad you enjoyed it." She was pleased that Detheriel enjoyed her cooking, and offered, “If you care for some more..."

~~~

Meanwhile...

Nivram had a choice to make - and one he must make quickly. After Eruwin were the four men - all closing the gap between them, cutting the distance at an alarming rate. They would reach him within seconds. All were brandishing weapons and had masks of murder on them. They wanted nothing more than to see his blood spill. All were armed with crude swords, knives and one even had an axe. There could be no doubt that they were the bandit forces employed by the Lords of Vision; their garb was identical(if a bit ragged) to those who had assaulted Isokla on the bridge...

Their eyes told Nivram that if he dared to interefere, it would be his life as well.