Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

TDC, I agree, those trees are far too close to your house and do have to come out. A lot of homeowners make that mistake- putting shrubs and trees too close to the foundation when they are small, not paying attention to how big they will eventually grow. Which of course means you, the new owner, will have to deal with them!

Nice house, btw! How big is the back yard? Too bad the trees couldn't be moved there, because they look like great ones to use for a privacy screen!

edit: Forgot to mention this- if you have any landscape architect schools or such in your area, sometimes the students will do free or inexpensive workups for you of potential landscaping options. I had a really good one done several years ago when I went to a Flower and Garden show. One of the students even recommended some shrubs for hiding our electrical and phone boxes (we have all wiring underground so there are big boxes btwn each set of properties where the connections come from). I got the mugo pines he recommended and LOVE the way they look so I got good advice and the student got some credit for doing it.

[ 01-06-2005, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #22
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Variol thinks my front yard painting looks like a putt putt course (like mini golf) In golf the difficulity of the hole that your playing on is determined by how many shots it should take for your to get the ball in the hole.

If it on average take 3 shots to get the ball in the hole its a Par 3.

Hope that helps
Old 01-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #23
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
TDC, I agree, those trees are far too close to your house and do have to come out. A lot of homeowners make that mistake- putting shrubs and trees too close to the foundation when they are small, not paying attention to how big they will eventually grow. Which of course means you, the new owner, will have to deal with them!

Nice house, btw! How big is the back yard? Too bad the trees couldn't be moved there, because they look like great ones to use for a privacy screen!
The back yard isn't the largets that I have seen ( the whole block is 490mtrs Sq)

So I wouldn't move the trees there. Guess they gave to go.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

edit: Forgot to mention this- if you have any landscape architect schools or such in your area, sometimes the students will do free or inexpensive workups for you of potential landscaping options. I had a really good one done several years ago when I went to a Flower and Garden show. One of the students even recommended some shrubs for hiding our electrical and phone boxes (we have all wiring underground so there are big boxes btwn each set of properties where the connections come from). I got the mugo pines he recommended and LOVE the way they look so I got good advice and the student got some credit for doing it.
Hmm will have to keep an eye out in the local paper for any gardening shows. Thanks for the idea Cloudy!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #24
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You know, you could use the trees on the left side there to give you some privacy from the neighbors! Or even the other side or back of the yard?
Old 01-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #25
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The side access on the left side is a bit to narrow for those trees, puss because of the size of those trees its going to be hard to transplant them.

I'm on a corner block so I only have neighbours on the left side and the back (and the fences are actually 6 foot high)
Old 01-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

They may be too large, then, but it's hard to tell from the pics. [img]smile.gif[/img] Shrubs and trees like that do make great visual and sound barriers for neighbors, though!
Old 01-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #27
wellard
Dracolisk

Those trees look as if they are to provide some shade for the windows. Will you put up some sort of awning or are the windows tinted?

When you tier the front garden are you going to use grass or turn them into garden beds?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #28
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I'm getting some of those Blockout security shutters for the front windows. They blockout the heats and light and don't look to bad.

The first tier I will probably have grass and make that a fairly wide one. The second tier will probably be just over a metre wide and next to the house so I will make that one a nice garden bed.