Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Recently through my college mail I have been getting some offers for on-line employment "oppurtunities." The usual is the "mystery shoppers" and the reviewing and commenting on products job. Has anyone had experience with these? I'm very cynical, especially with getting two of the same thing. Thanks in advance! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2004, 07:05 PM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

If noone asked for them, assume that they are scams. If they aren't, the fact that they polute your email without your asking or explicit permission is unwelcome.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
True, but as far as advertisement, it's a viable option. Still curious if anyone else has any experience with these. [img]graemlins/Bump.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2004, 01:09 PM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Well what is the email address? Does it sound viable? And the website, what does it look like? And what do you actually have to do to get the job etc? Fill in a form or what? Also look for anything with credit cards in it, that is definately going to be a scam in this case.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:19 PM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Not much, really, Ross. The website I looked at was fairly legit, but they do ask for a beginning fee, or some horse sh^t like that. The e-mail address from the first was a "@esurveysolutions.org" thing. I wasn't planning on doing this, unless someone else may have tried it, and had good things to say about it. Guessing not. Oh well, maybe I'll get a real job, or something. (Doubt that one!) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2004, 02:04 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

It's probably a scam, most work-from-home deals like this are. One of the biggest clues is the required starter fee.

Anyway, do some research on google using the search terms "work from home scams" There are several sites and forums dedicated to revealing the real scoop on these kinds of offers
Old 12-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #7
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Absolutely any job that asks you to pay is a scam. Unless you're purchasing franchising rights, there would never be an "upfront" fee, no matter how small.

It's a scam.
If you really want to be a secret shopper, call someplace like Burger King, for example, and ask them how they get shoppers (they do use them) and then contact that company directly.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:34 PM   #8
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Thank you. IW saves my lazy butt from actually research, again!!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

If you want to do some easy research, go to scambusters.org. They've researched and identified a number of the scams out there.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.